By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EDGE ranks the ten best games of the generation

Wright said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I'm surprised you say that and not Catherine.

Dragon's Dogma touched me in a way Catherine never could.

Hope you're not reffering to the story though. It basically had none. I had a lot of fun playing it and casting meteors from the sky  however XD

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network
fluky-nintendy said:
Wright said:

Hope you're not reffering to the story though. It basically had none. I had a lot of fun playing it and casting meteors from the sky  however XD

I'm referring to everything, story included.

Or are you telling me Dragon Dogma had a cliché, run-of-the-mill ending?

Wright said:
fluky-nintendy said:
Wright said:

It was so forgettable that I barely remember what it was about. Something about getting the heart back! The final theme song sure was very memorable!

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
fluky-nintendy said:
Wright said:

It was so forgettable that I barely remember what it was about. Something about getting the heart back! The final theme song sure was very memorable!

Maybe it was forgettable for you, but the ending touched my heart xD

Dark Souls is a great game, but the weapon and armor balance is crap and the overall game feels more cheap than Demon's Souls.

My preferred weapon type is the straight sword in Demon's Souls, and as you progress through the game while straight swords will be generally weaker than other weapons, they aren't unusable. In Dark Souls, if you prefer certain types of weapons that don't scale in power and get severely weak the further in the game you get, straight swords for example, you're forced to switch over to a different weapon type if you want to have an easier time playing through the game.

Armor is also poorly balanced. You can equip the most powerful armor in the game and the damage reduction is no more than a small sliver. It really gives no reason to even bother with armor. Run around without anything on and equip whatever weapons you want. You're not giving away defense in exchange for more attack.

In both cases, defense and attack, the statistics in Dark Souls are broken.

Dark Souls more open world which I like more than the hub world of Demon's Souls, but there are more areas, too many, that have a lot of sections that are cheaply designed. Demon's Souls is a hard game because it's actually hard, not a hard game because there's more cheap sections within it.  So while Dark Souls did do something I like better, they ruined it by thinking cheapness equals difficulty.

Around the Network

By the way, the list has a disturbing absence of FFXIII. Inexcusable.

Get rid of Portal and Bayonetta and give me Uncharted 3 and Ratchet and Clank ACiT!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Talal said:
the_dengle said:

I didn't come here to have a debate. I simply disagree. Prefer whichever game you want.

Amusing that you like the Souls games now . I remember you not understanding why someone would enjoy a punishing game like Dark Souls. Sometimes you just gotta try a game first before deciding whether you'd enjoy it or not.

Eh?? You sure you have the right person?

ethomaz said:

Cool. You didn't make one single point about what make Dark Souls better and you come and says disagree with you... that is not how you disagree with somebody else.

Contrary to popular belief, two people can in fact disagree and then go their separate ways. This isn't a courtroom, I don't have to present evidence to support my case. I simply prefer Dark Souls. I believe it is better. I'm not in the mood to argue with you or anyone else on the matter, and I doubt I ever will be, because I really don't care if someone thinks Demon's Souls is better than Dark Souls. They're both great games.

good list except little big planet imo.

sidmeiernintifan said:
good list except little big planet imo.

hey it's one of few games that remains alive thoughout pretty much the whole gen.  New levels and creativeness are still displayed every week.  I especially love visiting the top rated levels around holiday season when the Halloween and Christmas levels roll in.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers