6. Xenoblade
7. Zelda Skyward Sword
8. Zelda Twilight Princess
9. Donkey Kong Country Returns
10. Dead Space

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

Why is Demon's Souls ignored so often, this game started the Souls franchise

I'd say King's Field gave birth to the franchise, but Demon's is certainly the first game with 'Souls' in it, at least.

As far as the list goes, it's not bad, certainly varied.  Played all but cod 4.

daredevil.shark said:

EDGE ranks the ten best games of the generation

Posted under News, Wii, Wii U
October 5, 2014 by Brian (@NE_Brian)

The new wave of consoles have been out for quite some time. As such, EDGE decided to take one last look at the past generation of systems by choosing the top ten games of that era.

Here’s the full list:

10. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
9. LittleBigPlanet
8. Bayonetta
7. Super Street Fighter IV
6. Red Dead Redemption
5. Grand Theft Auto V
4. Portal
3. The Last of Us
2. Super Mario Galaxy
1. Dark Souls

If you pick up this month’s issue of EDGE, you’ll also find selections for ten standout moments, including Wii Sports for its innovative and natural use of motion controls.

Now it’s your turn! What are your favorite games of the previous generation?

Thanks to joclo for the tip.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/edge-ranks-the-ten-best-games-of-the-generation/

Absolutely fraudulant without Mincraft.

thewayofthepath said:
No Minecraft?

Exactly. Minecraft is this generations SMB. It's the most innovative mainstream game hands down. GTA 5? COD 4? Yeah, those games are great but the formula and concept was already there. The template was there to copy. Mincraft? Totally one of a kind and unique not to mention, outsold half the games on that list and will continue to do so for years to come.

10 years from now, 20 somethings will all look back and view Mincraft the same way we all view games like Super Metroid or the first Zelda. No one will talk about GTA 5.

I'm surprised that Bayonetta and Super Street Fighter IV are on the list, and while I'm not surprised that Dark Souls is on the list, I'm surprised it's not only in the top 5, but it's number 1! (keep in mind that I've never played a Soul Game and I'm merely saying that I didn't realize it was THAT good).
Also, about those saying they'd have preferred Demon Souls or Portal 2 on that list, look closely enough and you'll realize that Edge intentionally chose the first iteration of whatever series (or sub series in the case of COD and Mario) that they included on their list.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Around the Network

Terrible list. Demon's Souls > Dark Souls. Ultra > Super. LBP2 > LBP1.

4 ≈ One

nice list but i think red dead redemption and the last of us needs to be in top no 1 the last of us and 2 rdr than dark souls

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Not the best list. Would have been nice to see Super Mario Galaxy 2, BioShock, and Demon's Souls on there. Portal over Portal 2 is a head-scratcher.

This I agree with!

Really tough for me to do a top ten of last gen...I agree with most of this list but I'd make some changes.

My top 10 (in no particular order)

TLOU
Bioshock
SSB:Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy
CoD4
Gran Turismo 6
Batman Arkham city
Red dead redemption
Journey
LOZ: Twilight Princess

Edit: just wanted to say I totally agree with leaving Minecraft off of the list. It's innovative, and if you're willing to put in the time and effort can be the best virtual lego set we've ever seen...but it's just so shallow. It's a great way to make hours disappear but certainly not a top 10 game.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I feel like Smash Bros. Brawl, Xenoblade and maybe even MH3 all have fairly strong arguments to be on such a list. I'd also personally put Twilight Princess on it, except I prefer the GC version, and it's really a GC game anyway. So that makes it one of the Top 10 games of two gens previous. lol

Otherwise, I guess the list is fine, though I do think there were better PS3 games than TLOU, but that's me.