By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Returning from my ban. Change of style.

Captain_Tom said:
gamemaster4747 said:

Unfortunately, even in my very toned down state from a few years ago, I'm still too much for this site to handle, so I will be writing even less controversial stuff going forward. I really thought this place was the place for me. It is a sales site afterall! I would think console wars--and arguments--would be welcomed here and encouraged, but I have never seen such a moderated site. Therfore, expect a very toned down--and more boring--me.

On the other hand, I want to create a site that welcomes trash talk, arguing, and console bashing. Afterall, it is fun and funny too sometimes! I think the Driveclub "Forza killer" advertizing, with the blue car wrecking the green car, is a stroke of genius and good plain fun. Afterall, THIS IS A COMPETITION AND CONSOLE WAR. Not "let's all be friends and hold hands like nicey nicey little kids. If one console dominates too much, it can put a competitor out of business, like Dreamcast. This is serious business and a war. I want my favorite company to wipe the floor with the competition! The Driveclub thing is what is needed in spades.

Anyway, expect much more boring posts from me on here, and I'll let you know when I get my own exciting site started!

~gamemaster~

I 100% agree that this site is overmoderated.  Don't get me wrong, nobody should be aloud to physically threaten others or completely derail threads by spamming nonsense; but if people should be able to voice their opinion that what someone else is saying is absolute garbage, and Fanboy should not be a bad word.

It's an unacceptable word because people made it that way (and different mods apply that standard differently. It's not an auto-ban for me, though it is a yellow flag to look at context). People figure out where the line is, and then they sit there dangling their legs over the side, long enough that we have to pull the line back. Look at the current controversy over "delusional." It got there because that became a popular putdown for other persons.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

It works!!!!

Hynad said:
gamemaster4747 said:

Anyway, expect much more boring posts from me on here, and I'll let you know when I get my own exciting site started!

So nothing changed but you'll do it more?

You people sure are mean. :P

I loved your threads like ......, ....... And of course .......

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Another spin off forum?

Best of luck.

Around the Network
gamemaster4747 said:

Unfortunately, even in my very toned down state from a few years ago, I'm still too much for this site to handle, so I will be writing even less controversial stuff going forward. I really thought this place was the place for me. It is a sales site afterall! I would think console wars--and arguments--would be welcomed here and encouraged, but I have never seen such a moderated site. Therfore, expect a very toned down--and more boring--me.

On the other hand, I want to create a site that welcomes trash talk, arguing, and console bashing. Afterall, it is fun and funny too sometimes! I think the Driveclub "Forza killer" advertizing, with the blue car wrecking the green car, is a stroke of genius and good plain fun. Afterall, THIS IS A COMPETITION AND CONSOLE WAR. Not "let's all be friends and hold hands like nicey nicey little kids. If one console dominates too much, it can put a competitor out of business, like Dreamcast. This is serious business and a war. I want my favorite company to wipe the floor with the competition! The Driveclub thing is what is needed in spades.

~gamemaster~

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/forum-rules.php#content

It's not a case of moderation means you need to be boring, moderation means you need to adhere to the 16 rules laid out for these forums, btw this post and thread breaks numbers 11 and 16, 1/8th of the rules broken in a single "boring" post. Could have at least made it exciting and fun!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

pokoko said:
Honestly, as a Playstation fan, your threads made me feel vaguely embarrassed. I always hoped that you were trolling, as that's miles more respectable than the "Mustangs vs. Camaros" arguments I remember from sixth grade. I do think some of the mods are way too tight sometimes but you've often been so far over that line that it doesn't even apply to you.

Simply put, there are dozens of forums where you can go, "STFU PS IS WAY BETTER THAN M$$$$$$ LOL," but damn few where you have to be responsible for your words. I really hate having to skim through garbage posts with no actual worthwhile content so I truly hope that the bar here remains high.

Now you know how it feels to have Zero999 in the Nintendo camp.

I will believe it when I see it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

padib said:
Fusioncode said:
Let me know when you create your website so I can make sure to never visit it.

*slaps knee* baha

I read that in your avatars voice.... well except for the slap knee sound obviously.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

There are as many unmoderated forums where you can go act a fool and have your dubious console wars as there are grains of sand on a beach. Why you want to bring more chaos here is beyond me. I like the moderation here.