By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Final Fantasy XV Footage + Battle System Details

Munkeh111 said:

You mean the game where Donald and Goofy are of help at all. On Proud mode, they die within 5 seconds of the battle starting. On normal, they last a bit longer, but are mostly always dead.

So all I do with them is take away their items and let them mess about on their own.

I hope there's a FF XII style system. I know gambits aren't great, since you tend to set them once or twice during the game, then only ever really need to make slight adjustments, but they're better than nothing

Here's hoping XVI is turn based again!

Personally I don't want them to go back to turn based again.They should keep that for games like BD.

On such powerfull hardware turnbased combat would mean a lot of missed oportunities.That's what I think at least.

Turnbased games wanted to be action games in the first place but they couldn't because of the hardware.So why go back?

Anyway it's a debate that's really interesting and in the end I think it comes down to personal preferences.

Around the Network

I don't care what anyone says, I haven't been this excited for a mainline Final Fantasy title in years.

I don't mind playing as a single character and I love that the combat is real-time. With a full Final Fantasy budget and fluid combat, this looks like the Final Fantasy game I've been waiting two generations for.

That was impressive... not

Looks boring as hell.

So far I havn't seen anything that makes me wanna buy it first day.

Ohh well guess I'll buy it when it's in the bin.

God I miss the SNES/PS1/N64/PS2 era with all those great RPG's

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

VXIII said:

"Also, you aren’t invincible. There are attacks you can’t avoid. In those cases, there are also essential technical evasion methods"

These small details really make all the difference, GREAT.

If done properly it surely will make all the difference. I believe a lot of people will need to touch the demo to get past their skepticism though.

it looks like it could be a good game, but I personally wouldn't get too excited..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Wagram said:
VXIII said:

"Also, you aren’t invincible. There are attacks you can’t avoid. In those cases, there are also essential technical evasion methods"

These small details really make all the difference, GREAT.

If done properly it surely will make all the difference. I believe a lot of people will need to touch the demo to get past their skepticism though.

I believe most of the skepticism has more to do with the image of SE rather than the what the game is all about. Only high reviews scores would work with these people. Some people think with their minds, some with their hearts.

Soriku said:

There's at least an attack button, a defend button, a skill button, and a jump button.

That's way too many buttons. Where is my FFXII remake?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'm starting to think the combo system is going to be a faster/realtime version of White Knight Chronicles. That's the only thing I can think to compare it to.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Faxanadu said:
Gameplay didnt impress me.

Agreed I wasn't "impressed" but it does look good. Can't wait to play it.

ParryWinkle said:

So in order to be Final Fantasy you need turn based combat?

Also I do not see how this game is like Kingdom Hearts. At most the game looks like a mix of Type-0 and XII

In essence yes, the ATB was a stable and well used mechanic serving the series for years perfectly fine without change other than in magic system. Why it has become redundent I've no idea, it's still good.

Hmm, pie.