By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Final Fantasy XV Footage + Battle System Details

It saddens me that you can no longer play as the other characters. Back when it was Versus XIII you could even play as Prompto with a 3rd person shooting perspective. But other than that the battle system sounds good.

Around the Network

They say its difficult to switch and play as other characters, yet they had no problems with it on versus 13 on the PS3. PS3 > PS4/Xbox One confirmed! Th3 pow3r of the C3LL.

"Also, you aren’t invincible. There are attacks you can’t avoid. In those cases, there are also essential technical evasion methods"

These small details really make all the difference, GREAT.

I've got to admit I'm still not a fan of the "Hold button, such attacks, much combo, wow" style of attacking, however, the gameplay sure does look the part, it looks like it'll be enjoyable, sort of reminds me of the Kingdom Hearts battle system, and regardless of what I've just said about the style of attacking, I'll still be buying it, lol.

Noctis as the only playable character is actually good news to me.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

They say its difficult to switch and play as other characters, yet they had no problems with it on versus 13 on the PS3. PS3 > PS4/Xbox One confirmed! Th3 pow3r of the C3LL.

No problem with it on Versus XIII on the PS3? That must be why that game got released, right?

Good, good xD

Can Noctis use this teleport ability as much as you feel like it? That's quite OP to be honest

Munkeh111 said:

You mean the game where Donald and Goofy are of help at all. On Proud mode, they die within 5 seconds of the battle starting. On normal, they last a bit longer, but are mostly always dead.

So all I do with them is take away their items and let them mess about on their own.

I hope there's a FF XII style system. I know gambits aren't great, since you tend to set them once or twice during the game, then only ever really need to make slight adjustments, but they're better than nothing

Here's hoping XVI is turn based again!

Personally I don't want them to go back to turn based again.They should keep that for games like BD.

On such powerfull hardware turnbased combat would mean a lot of missed oportunities.That's what I think at least.

Turnbased games wanted to be action games in the first place but they couldn't because of the hardware.So why go back?

Anyway it's a debate that's really interesting and in the end I think it comes down to personal preferences.

I don't care what anyone says, I haven't been this excited for a mainline Final Fantasy title in years.

I don't mind playing as a single character and I love that the combat is real-time. With a full Final Fantasy budget and fluid combat, this looks like the Final Fantasy game I've been waiting two generations for.

That was impressive... not

Looks boring as hell.

So far I havn't seen anything that makes me wanna buy it first day.

Ohh well guess I'll buy it when it's in the bin.

God I miss the SNES/PS1/N64/PS2 era with all those great RPG's

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints