By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Final Fantasy XV Footage + Battle System Details

VXIII said:

"Also, you aren’t invincible. There are attacks you can’t avoid. In those cases, there are also essential technical evasion methods"

These small details really make all the difference, GREAT.

If done properly it surely will make all the difference. I believe a lot of people will need to touch the demo to get past their skepticism though.

Around the Network

it looks like it could be a good game, but I personally wouldn't get too excited..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Wagram said:
VXIII said:

"Also, you aren’t invincible. There are attacks you can’t avoid. In those cases, there are also essential technical evasion methods"

These small details really make all the difference, GREAT.

If done properly it surely will make all the difference. I believe a lot of people will need to touch the demo to get past their skepticism though.

I believe most of the skepticism has more to do with the image of SE rather than the what the game is all about. Only high reviews scores would work with these people. Some people think with their minds, some with their hearts.

Soriku said:

There's at least an attack button, a defend button, a skill button, and a jump button.

That's way too many buttons. Where is my FFXII remake?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Naum said:

That was impressive... not

Looks boring as hell.

So far I havn't seen anything that makes me wanna buy it first day.

Ohh well guess I'll buy it when it's in the bin.

God I miss the SNES/PS1/N64/PS2 era with all those great RPG's

It's OK brah, Bravely Second will give us some turn based goodness.

Also I don't mind Noctis being the only playable character. I like to mainly focus on one character anyway. It's like KH1 and 2 with Sora being the only one playable. Depending on how elaborate the interactions between Noctis and the rest of the party are, it could be cool.

Around the Network

I'm starting to think the combo system is going to be a faster/realtime version of White Knight Chronicles. That's the only thing I can think to compare it to.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Faxanadu said:
Gameplay didnt impress me.

Agreed I wasn't "impressed" but it does look good. Can't wait to play it.

ParryWinkle said:

So in order to be Final Fantasy you need turn based combat?

Also I do not see how this game is like Kingdom Hearts. At most the game looks like a mix of Type-0 and XII

In essence yes, the ATB was a stable and well used mechanic serving the series for years perfectly fine without change other than in magic system. Why it has become redundent I've no idea, it's still good.

Hmm, pie.

Wright said:
gamemaster4747 said:
I don't care what anyone says. True FF is about menus that give options like fight, magic, run, item. All players should be fully controllable.

gamemaster4747 said:
13 killed it.

??????????

You are skipping the part about full character control in 13. There was no crystal theme or traditional victory theme either. Only Noctis can be played in 15? Also, I didn't mention the lack of towns and exploring in 13. The characters were so bland that it can only beat out the original FF in interesting characters. At least in the original FF, you could imagine the character's personalities. There was little "heart" in FFXIII.

Wright said:
Hynad said:
Wright said:
gamemaster4747 said:
I don't care what anyone says. True FF is about menus that give options like fight, magic, run, item. All players should be fully controllable.

gamemaster4747 said:
13 killed it.

??????????

Don't you know, Wright? FF XIII doesn't have menus, and isn't turn based. xD

You can't equip weapons and accesories either.

My favorite and traditional weapon, the icebrand, was not in FFXIII!