By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Final Fantasy XV Footage + Battle System Details

Wright said:
gamemaster4747 said:
I don't care what anyone says. True FF is about menus that give options like fight, magic, run, item. All players should be fully controllable.

gamemaster4747 said:
13 killed it.

??????????

You are skipping the part about full character control in 13. There was no crystal theme or traditional victory theme either. Only Noctis can be played in 15? Also, I didn't mention the lack of towns and exploring in 13. The characters were so bland that it can only beat out the original FF in interesting characters. At least in the original FF, you could imagine the character's personalities. There was little "heart" in FFXIII.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Hynad said:
Wright said:
gamemaster4747 said:
I don't care what anyone says. True FF is about menus that give options like fight, magic, run, item. All players should be fully controllable.

gamemaster4747 said:
13 killed it.

??????????

Don't you know, Wright? FF XIII doesn't have menus, and isn't turn based. xD

You can't equip weapons and accesories either.

My favorite and traditional weapon, the icebrand, was not in FFXIII!

Hynad said:
gamemaster4747 said:
I don't care what anyone says. True FF is about menus that give options like fight, magic, run, item. All players should be fully controllable. The traditional ff theme music like the crystal theme and victory theme should be there. FF is ruined. I bought every FF until 13. Yes, even 12 gave some respect to tradition. 13 killed it. FF15 may be a good game on it's own, but it is not FF.It doesn't deserve the name! Oh, and I didn't even finish 13 and got rid of it.

Nothing was killed. The series evolved over time while you didn't. It's no big deal. You get to replay those older games if you have them.

Taking away the freedom to play all your characters is evolving? No, it is devolving.

Hynad said:
deskpro2k3 said:

They say its difficult to switch and play as other characters, yet they had no problems with it on versus 13 on the PS3. PS3 > PS4/Xbox One confirmed! Th3 pow3r of the C3LL.

No problem with it on Versus XIII on the PS3? That must be why that game got released, right?

are you just oblivious to the fact that they showed them switching characters in the PS3 trailer when it was called Versus XIII? You know, you seem oblivious about a lot of things.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I don't know why I keep playing Final Fantasy. The glory of FF6 will never repeat itself and this game is only disappointing me even more with each announcement

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Hynad said:
deskpro2k3 said:

They say its difficult to switch and play as other characters, yet they had no problems with it on versus 13 on the PS3. PS3 > PS4/Xbox One confirmed! Th3 pow3r of the C3LL.

No problem with it on Versus XIII on the PS3? That must be why that game got released, right?

are you just oblivious to the fact that they showed them switching characters in the PS3 trailer when it was called Versus XIII? You know, you seem oblivious about a lot of things.

You seem oblivious to the fact that the game wasn't released and went through quite some development troubles. At no point what you saw during the PS3 era was anything final. You're also obviously oblivious to sarcasm, among the countless things you're oblivious to. Like how they "changed the battle speed since Nomura isn't director". Which was quite laughable, to say the least, considering the latest video we have of the game. ^_-

Hynad said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Hynad said:
deskpro2k3 said:

You seem oblivious to the fact that the game wasn't released and went through quite some development troubles. At no point what you saw during the PS3 era was anything final. You're also obviously oblivious to sarcasm, among the countless things you're oblivious to.

You're the one that is oblivious to sarcasm for quoting me in the first place. Oblivious and a condition you have.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

deskpro2k3 said:
Hynad said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Hynad said:

You seem oblivious to the fact that the game wasn't released and went through quite some development troubles. At no point what you saw during the PS3 era was anything final. You're also obviously oblivious to sarcasm, among the countless things you're oblivious to.

You're the one that is oblivious to sarcasm for quoting me in the first place. Oblivious and a condition you have.

Good luck with that.

RenderMonk said:
It's hard not to be disappointed by what I'm seeing/hearing from FFXV lately. Going back to the initial reveal trailers (when it was FFvsXIII) it was so dark, and gritty and heavy feeling (something I miss in my FF games). It was supposed to be "a Fantasy based on Reality." The potential that held was phenominal. Was really looking forward to a deep story with complex battles.

From what I've seen of FFXV lately, it looks like we'll get non of that. Appears they are sticking with the formula of the last few games. Keep it light and fast paced, with the emphasis on auto-play. That's not what Final Fantasy's legacy is built on. If they want to reach a broader audience, do it with a new IP, or do it with a different IP. Final Fantasy is (was) a known brand that you knew what you were getting when you got into it. Now, it's anybody's guess....and it's usually for the worse.

To be fair, that's one of the most lame things I've seen in video games "a Fantasy based on reality", seriously? Who wrote that shit?

OT: It was a good video and the interview managed to clarify a lot of things. It looks fast paced, and interesting, but nothing mindblowing.

Hynad said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Hynad said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Good luck with that.

I insist you keep your luck for getting over your condition.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan