By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Final Fantasy XV Footage + Battle System Details

S.T.A.G.E. said:
VXIII said:

This is the most daring project in SE history. I just admire that. I wish people would just be open minded and try to understand it for what it is.

That would never happen on the Internet though :)

Without Final Fantasy's existence Square would've ceased to exist. They are living in the shadow of the formula saved the company in the first place (Sakaguchi's formula which they havent been able to work around since he left). This would be the second most daring project on the same franchise which saved square all those years ago.

Yes, I'm aware of the history of the franchise, that's why I specifically said Square-Enix not just Square. The company need to change, they have been an example of culeless-ness and mismanagement during last gen. that why I'm pleased to see key people like Nomura making a bold move like this to explore new possibilities.

Around the Network

Sakaguchi hasn't really been able to work with his own formula better than SE has since he left either...
just saying.

Lost Odyssey was the exception.

ishiki said:
Sakaguchi hasn't really been able to work with his own formula better than SE has since he left either...
just saying.

Hum... When he worked with his own formula, he did it better or at least morein line with the expectations of the fans. Blue Dragon, and especially Lost Odyssey are two great examples of that. What more, they're the only two examples from his using this classic formula. 

After that, he made The Last Story and tried to re-invent himself from a JRPG gameplay point of view.

Hynad said:
ishiki said:
just saying.

Hum... When he worked with his own formula, he did it better or at least morein line with the expectations of the fans. Blue Dragon, and especially Lost Odyssey are two great examples of that. What more, they're the only two examples from his using this classic formula. 

After that, he made The Last Story and tried to re-invent himself from a JRPG gameplay point of view.

I don't consider Blue Dragon particularly Good... Nor is it particularly more successful Metacritic (User or Critics)  FF dimensions, and definetly worse recieved than Bravely Default (though SE only did the music and art design I believe). Hence he used his formula better once, was my arguement. (But admittedly he only tried 3 times, SE tried a lot more).

While Last Story definetely was not traditional in any way. (FF had more success not being traditional with FFXIV and FFType-0, though it had the unfair advantage of FF, and SE as a whole had a whole lot of successful non traditional games).

My main feeling/argument is that they both weren't that good last generation, but Sakaguchi gets credit for being a savior or amazing by some when imo he wasn't. 

Hynad said:
ishiki said:
just saying.

Blue Dragon was awful though. The Last Story was good, and I absolutely loved Lost Odyssey. I don't anyone liked anything about Blue Dragon except for it's battle system and boss battle music.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.