By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV 40-ish hours long, plans for part 2 canned.

I hope the game is gonna be epic!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
archer9234 said:
vivster said:
What would be so bad about multiple games? If this game really is as good as people want to believe why is it bad to get more of it?

It's probably the backlash to FF13. They kept getting sequals. And SE kept getting worse consumer relations by doing it. Maybe they're afraid 15 will do bad again. And are keeping it safe?

Regardless of how well FFXV does it should definitely not get any prequels or sequels.  DLC maybe, but they need to build back their integrity more than anything.  They have signs of recovery with ARR and a few other games and decisions they've been making.

Lube Me Up

He should seriously make a mainline game without nomuras input on it. That guy just makes everything so fanficlike. He did type zero and people say that game is good but it has the fabula nova crystalise lore and that lore is pretty crappy so he was forced to work on other people's work. He should make a game from scratch, I think having him as a director is a good choice. Why did nomura not kicked out already? Is it because he is famous?

Lol, if S-E see fit, there will be sequels, unless they turn to be a development hell and they turn XV-2 into XVI XD

A game doesn't necessarily need to be long, as long as it can deliver good content. Overextending a game is much worse than a short one.

Good. Now, we need a release date.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
Why did nomura not kicked out already? Is it because he is famous?

Probably because he worked on 19 different projects since 2007. The projects that are developed under his leadership are usually critically acclaimed ( always really, except for mobile games) such as Birth by sleep, KH 3D. And because he is the main artist and character designer in SE.

Just typical

It completely baffles me people these days consider 40 hours "short". Or this bizarre logic that the actual lenght is half of what the dev says (?????).

My favorite was the guy who implied an rpg must be 100 hours long to be considered great.

Anyway, they sound really confident on the demo. That's a good sign, imo.

artur-fernand said:

It completely baffles me people these days consider 40 hours "short". Or this bizarre logic that the actual lenght is half of what the dev says (?????).

My favorite was the guy who implied an rpg must be 100 hours long to be considered great.

Anyway, they sound really confident on the demo. That's a good sign, imo.

Some people really want a lot of crap in the game. But saying everything else is junk is bs. I only complain if the game is like 5 hours. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 was this. I cleared the game in one day. That wasn't fun. Especailly being based off a year long comic story. A ton a material and 20 characters weren't used. And the first game was double the time.