By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV 40-ish hours long, plans for part 2 canned.

New translations from Degeki, courtesy of SQEX.INFO: http://sqex.info/

Talking about the length of the demo and the game as a whole. 

''I think in general the play time is about an hour. However, that’s if you use the car to get around.

By the way, you can also play it for additional challenges, so you can spend more time with it. For example, in order to obtain a strong weapon, you can venture into the dungeon that has monsters stronger than the ones above ground.

I’m assuming that the actual game will take about 40 hours to clear, so comparing it in simple terms, the demo is about 1/40th of the actual game’s content. (Laughs)''

On the game almost being released in two parts.

''When I spoke to Nomura previously, he had mentioned a plan to release FFXV in segments. Is that concept still progressing now?

Tabata: We do not currently plan on releasing in segments. As director that was something I was concerned with because I thought it was important to complete it as my own title.''

Thank Fuck!!

A message for the naysayers ;p

''...those who are still uneasy about what they’ve seen, I think it’ll be best if you try the demo version out by all means.''

Around the Network

Excelent!

teigaga said:

On the game almost being released in two parts.

''When I spoke to Nomura previously, he had mentioned a plan to release FFXV in segments. Is that concept still progressing now?

Tabata: We do not currently plan on releasing in segments. As director that was something I was concerned with because I thought it was important to complete it as my own title.''

Now I'm super happy SE kicked Nomura off this project

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Good to know.

Honestly this game is floating on hype. It might not deliver the hype. Plus gameplay trailer wasn't groundbreaking.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:

Honestly this game is floating on hype. It might not deliver the hype. Plus gameplay trailer wasn't groundbreaking.

Every main Final Fantasy game is hyped to the moon. 

That's a nice development.

On the one hand I'm glad Tabata decided to scrap the sequel plans.

On the other, it worries me that the "I want to make it my own game" attitude so late in the process might negatively affect the game, as it happened with XII.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Great, along with side quests , ultimate weapon hunts, superbosses, it should go up to 100+ hours :D

I hope they use the a super boss system similar to the FF 12 hunters guild with loads of tough hunts, let's have another Yiazmat

Or penance ( I still remember all the tears ... )

What would be so bad about multiple games? If this game really is as good as people want to believe why is it bad to get more of it?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.