By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV 40-ish hours long, plans for part 2 canned.

I think that if i play the demo I will not have courage to buy the game, this happened with FF13-3. I will just buy the game and assume the worst.
I will literally buy it assuming it will be the worst FF I ever played in my life.
This way I can at least think: Well, it is better than I expected.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:

Speak for yourself, FFXII was some of the best 120 hours of my life and I would do it all again if SQEX gave it a HD remaster.

Well said, those guys don't know what they are on about.

Hmm, pie.

It doesnt seen like he is taking sidequests into consideration on those 40 hours and since its an open world game Im expecting quite a bit o side quests so probably a 60-80 hours or so game, not bad at all.

Just to point out the obvious: Length of time =/= quality of time. One thing to look forward to (hopefully) is the possibility of how tight the story is. 40 hours has always been the standard length of FF games, but what will matter more than anything is how much narrative and development is packed in those 40 hours.

Costs have gone up greatly in games and FF games have had less and less dialogue in order to develop the story. It's obvious that a lot of the dialogue has become so plain and lacking in depth since FF went full voice acting. Cost is definitely why.

A bold suggestion for SE: they should just do away with voice acting, or at the very least character interaction animations (them moving and reacting while they're talking). They could do so much more if they would put in more talking because their characters have been talking less and less over time.

A lot of times FF characters sound like they're narrating the story instead of actually being a character inside the story. I call it the "John Cena" phenomenon. :/

I know people would complain about that, but you'd get so much more character and story development this way. SE isn't rolling in cash so they can't satisfy all ends. If a tradeoff had to be made this would be the necessary one.

Lube Me Up

vivster said:
What would be so bad about multiple games? If this game really is as good as people want to believe why is it bad to get more of it?

It's probably the backlash to FF13. They kept getting sequals. And SE kept getting worse consumer relations by doing it. Maybe they're afraid 15 will do bad again. And are keeping it safe?

Around the Network

40 hours for the main story is pretty solid. Extras could take it up to potentially a lot more I imagine.

You can tell the main game will be more than forty because he already stated the demo is 1 hour for the story and 3-4 hours if you do additional content. So if you take this quote into account:

"I’m assuming that the actual game will take about 40 hours to clear, so comparing it in simple terms, the demo is about 1/40th of the actual game’s content. (Laughs)''

That either means FFXV takes 160 hours (doubtful) or 40 for main story alone.

kupomogli said:
Ka-pi96 said:
kupomogli said:
Ka-pi96 said:
So about half the length of the good Final Fantasy games?

Minus side quests, FF11, 12, and 14 are the only Final Fantasy games that'll take more than 20 hours.

Only because the game is so boring it will put you to sleep for most of those 20 hours...

I've never beaten the game.  I've tried.  I've given it chance after chance because I really want to like t he game, but yeah.  So I partially agree with you here.  It's less to do that it's boring though and more that there's so many very glaring flaws that just put me off from continuing.  The games world, the characters, the storyline, and then the amount of side content available should make for an amazing game if everything wasn't held back by glaring issues with the gameplay.

I tried to get through the game twice.. First time I made it about 40 hours in, second time I got 20 hours in.  I actually liked the gameplay, minus the unweildy license system and the loot system which made you awkwardly avoid encounters if you wanted anything good, but it was just such a chore to get from place to place.  By the end of the sandsea I was pretty much burnt out.  Also a lack of real puzzles in the dungeons, and some iffy story decisions held it back.  A shame because there is a lot of good stuff in there, particularly a well crafted world.

Honestly, I haven't really enjoyed a mainline Final Fantasy since 10.  The MMOs are just not for me, and 13 was a mess.  There are so few good JRPG series with those kinds of production values, so I REALLY want to like each one, but sadly it hasn't worked out that way.

so the main story is 40hrs, with sidequests it should add another 10-20hrs. by the way guys, you can try FF14 for free for 14 days. you might get hooked, you'll never know. link in the sig.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
so the main story is 40hrs, with sidequests it should add another 10-20hrs.

I don't know about that. If it's similar to FF12 it could be dozens of hours. I played FF12 for over 130 hours.

Wagram said:
deskpro2k3 said:
so the main story is 40hrs, with sidequests it should add another 10-20hrs.

I don't know about that. If it's similar to FF12 it could be dozens of hours. I played FF12 for over 130 hours.

i'm expcting to get every trophy to take 120hrs

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5