By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV 40-ish hours long, plans for part 2 canned.

daredevil.shark said:

Honestly this game is floating on hype. It might not deliver the hype. Plus gameplay trailer wasn't groundbreaking.

Well thats what the current gen has been all about so far, Watch_Dogs, Titanfall, Destiny. People just need to stop expecting the next ground breaking game from every new AAA game and maybe they will enjoy it... Now to go get crazy hyped on more FFXV =P

Around the Network
vivster said:
What would be so bad about multiple games? If this game really is as good as people want to believe why is it bad to get more of it?

I think people are sceptical because of FF 13 and its subsequent sequels. A vocal section of the fan base poured a lot of hate on them.

I on the other hand enjoyed all the FF 13 games. Although the overall story arc was absolute gibberish, writing was ridiculous and characters was somewhat shallow, the games with their great enviroments, fun battle systems ,enemies etc  still grew on me and I enjoyed all of them.

Well if FF XV manages to build a great universe with interesting lore and locations I would love to see a sequel. Moreover these sequels dont take much time to make so we wont have to wait for years for another FF installmen...

siddhartha87 said:
Great, along with side quests , ultimate weapon hunts, superbosses, it should go up to 100+ hours :D

I hope they use the a super boss system similar to the FF 12 hunters guild with loads of tough hunts, let's have another Yiazmat

Or penance ( I still remember all the tears ... )

Yeah FFXII is one of my fave games because of all the awesome hunts as well as the espers and rare game. Its my most wanted HD rmeake.

rccsetzer said:
daredevil.shark said:

Honestly this game is floating on hype. It might not deliver the hype. Plus gameplay trailer wasn't groundbreaking.

Every main Final Fantasy game is hyped to the moon

You know, I'd love for another Final Fantasy game to visit the moon again.

If they visit the moon, I'll stop eating (non-necessary food) and refocus my efforts on getting a PS4.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Well get on with it...

Around the Network
vivster said:
What would be so bad about multiple games? If this game really is as good as people want to believe why is it bad to get more of it?

Maybe nothing if FF15 turns out to be good and very successful. But after we spent the entire last generation on ONE single Final Fantasy and its sequels (which sold progressively worse), I'd prefer for them to move right on to FF16 and only return to a 15-2 if there's the demand and creative urge are there for one.

Plus the hype cycle for this game has been so ridiculously long. Even though it's exciting that it's finally coming together at long last, I doubt I'm alone in being a little tired of hearing about it by now.

ktay95 said:
siddhartha87 said:
Great, along with side quests , ultimate weapon hunts, superbosses, it should go up to 100+ hours :D

I hope they use the a super boss system similar to the FF 12 hunters guild with loads of tough hunts, let's have another Yiazmat

Or penance ( I still remember all the tears ... )

Yeah FFXII is one of my fave games because of all the awesome hunts as well as the espers and rare game. Its my most wanted HD rmeake.

Yh one would expect it after the good sales of the FF 10 remaster, but its Square, dont know what to expect :,(

I would love a FF 12 IZJS edition remaster because I never got to play it

ktay95 said:
daredevil.shark said:

Well thats what the current gen has been all about so far, Watch_Dogs, Titanfall, Destiny. People just need to stop expecting the next ground breaking game from every new AAA game and maybe they will enjoy it... Now to go get crazy hyped on more FFXV =P

Except the graphics and poor story watch dogs was really enjoyable. Didnt had the opportunity to play destiny and titanfall. And even if I buy FFXV then it will be used.

Good good... develop the game as 1 part with 40h main story and 100+ full experience... and them if there is a need for a second part do it, don't make the game shorter just to release more sequels.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

daredevil.shark said:

Pretty much every RPG ever. These games rarely shine on appearance of gameplay alone. RPGs are about strategising, developing new skills, exploring a world with rich lore, story, following interesting characters, watching a compelling story unfold. From the only things we can we get to grips with; Tone, Scale of world, Art/graphics, style of combat- this game looks pretty stellar.

The only real gripes being passed off at the moment are combat and possibly the characters. Neither of which we've seen enough of to form any valid opinions.