By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will PS4 reach 20M HW sales before Xbone reaches 10M?

dont think so.
its a tough call.

20m end of june 2015 latest for the ps4.
if february will be very big and end of 2014 ltd over 16m even end of march is possible

xbox one is way more unpredictable.
i have now clue how big theire holiday will be.
or how much china will do for them

but given the good changes ms has done, i see the 10m goal before end of march 2015

Around the Network
Arkaign said:
Aerys said:
This is not even a question, both wont hit these numbers at Christmas and like we know X1 vaseline is extremly low outside holidays and it has no big releasr planned early in 2015 while PS4 bloodborne, the order,FF type 0 ( vert small release on X1), and maybe dragon quest heroes

Agreed, and LOL@ X1 Vaseline.

Gotta lubricate d'em X1's so they can slip into consumers' hands more easily

I said yes.

PS4 have sold NOW double than XBOX ONE, last week according to VGChartz the gap is almost 3:1 so...

CGI-Quality said:
prinz_valium said:
dont think so.
its a tough call.

if february will be very big and end of 2014 ltd over 16m even end of march is possible

but given the good changes ms has done, i see the 10m goal before end of march 2015

Just over 16 million by end of March? Lulz..... It'll clear that long before then. 

I think he meant 16 mil by end of 2014, 20 mil by March at the earliest. ^.^

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Sure, I can see that happening!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Well, since I doubt any of them are likely to reach those milestones this year, and also since The PS4 is already at more than twice the XBOs numbers, and the weekly baseline is also more than 2 to 1 in the PS4s favour, and that early 2015 is set for PS4 domination (Bloodborne, The Order, 3rd parties (yes they help both, but they help the PS4 more)).

I believe the it will be in the same month or two.

http://www.whoisjesus-really.com/

Wii U + PS4 

Consoles>Mobile

CGI-Quality said:
prinz_valium said:
dont think so.
its a tough call.

Just over 16 million by end of March? Lulz..... It'll clear that long before then. 

... and end of 2014 ltd over 16m, even end of march (topic discussion aka 20m) is possible

u got me wrong

It's possible, but not quite hard.

We know PS4 have been doing from 2 to 3:1 and averaging 2.5 this year... but we also know that the Holiday Sales is quite a lot centered on USA (we have PS3 vs X360 numbers to remember, where PS4 were like 30-50% above during all the weeks the whole year, but then during holidays x360 were stronger because of US and sometimes even picked up a lot of the difference accumulated by PS3) and PS4 to X1 ratio in US is quite a lot lesser (like 1.5) so we can end up the year with a dif that is greater than 2 or even 3:1 to reach 10 or 20M... So as people said for PS4 to reach that with certainty X1 must stay below 9M year end and PS4 over 17M, the first is hard, the second is almost certain.. if X1 reach 9,5M it will be quite hard because PS4 probably won't have enough stock to go over 18,5M.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I doubt it. X1 is now selling at the same price and with 3 major exclusives in Forza, Sunset, MCC plus the new COD bundle coming out at the end of 2014. I see the X1 closing the gap very fast and plus they have the China launch and many other countries its planning on releasing in very soon. PS4 will always hold the lead thanks to Sony's aggressive marketing but the X1 wont be far behind. Either way there just sales. I predict the X1 to actually offer the better games this gen.