By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will PS4 reach 20M HW sales before Xbone reaches 10M?

Why are we bumping all these old threads?

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
XB1 will hit 10m before PS4 with 20m

This.

XB1 & PS4 are both going to hit 10M & 20M milestones sooner than most of us were thinking in September, but XB1 is looking to pass 10M this month.  PS4 by some estimates will also pass 20M this month, but 19M is more realistic.

My 8th gen collection

Xbox one will probable have 11 million by years end, while PS4 will have 18-19 million. Both are great numbers!

Looking at the current numbers, it is obvious. PS4 will pass 20 sooner rather than later, but X1 will pass 10 by the end of Dec.

However I do predict that the PS4 will hit 30 mil before the X1 hits 20. The ball is in Sony's court in 2015 with some heavy hitting games dropping right out of the gate. A well timed price cut could insure this happening and secure 2015 on the PlayStation side.

It will be close however, Halo 5 and Quantum Break should drop at the end of next year and help move X1 consoles as well. I'm rooting for PS4, but I'm glad the competition has picked back up. Makes things more interesting and will benefit both parties in the end.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I think they've both done great these months. Xbox really came close to ps4 sales for once and made the 20 million unlikely to happen before 10 million. Still, both are taking half the time of the original calculations.

Around the Network

XB1 at 10 before PS4 at 20

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!