By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will PS4 reach 20M HW sales before Xbone reaches 10M?

PS4 is currently at ~11M while Xbone is at 5.4M. Will either reach their own milestone before the end of the year? It's gonna be close but it can happen, and as to who will reach it first, I really can't predict. It's gonna be so close

Around the Network

yes its possible especially this holiday and early 2015 with witcher,order,batman, and blood

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

XBO will reach 10 Million before PS4 reaches 20 Million for sure.

1) Wii U hits 10 Million
2) XBO hits 10 Million
3) PS4 hits 20 Million

Possible but I doubt it. Could be close, we'll know for sure after these upcoming holidays.

I think it's possible but not till January or February

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

Both have been out for approximately 10 months.
Sony is averaging 1.1 million a month
Microsoft is averaging .54 million a month.

20=1.1x (x = months)
x=18.18 months to reach 20 million

10=.54x
x=18.54 months to reach 10 million

Of course there are giant caveats to this but PS4 and Xbox One should reach 20 million and 10 million respectively around the same month.

Yes I think so.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Possible

Most definitly.

Thats quite possible, its at double the sales now so the PS4 would just need to keep doubling the XB1's sales and it'll get there. Things that will make that difficult will be holidays (PS4 is more likely to be supply constrained than XB1, which may lead to lost sales in peak periods like Christmas) and possibly China (if that takes off and Sony delay their entry into the market too long). I'd give the PS4 a 70% chance of achieving it.