By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will PS4 reach 20M HW sales before Xbone reaches 10M?

GribbleGrunger said:
cheryl said:

i have no idea, but im sure ps4 at the end of the years the total sales will be around 13 million.

about microsoft...

once again they will reduce the price of xbox one..

november or december at $349

The PS4 is already passed 11 million so you expect the PS4 to only sell 2 million for the rest of this year? Could you explain why you think the PS4 will suddenly start selling less during the busiest time of the year for consoles?

I think you're 3m - 4m short of the mark. Possibly even more.

because i think ps4 and xbox one not has important exclusive games to up console sales till 2015.

but if you think ps4 from october, november and december can sell 4m... i hope come true ;)

Around the Network
cheryl said:
GribbleGrunger said:
cheryl said:

i have no idea, but im sure ps4 at the end of the years the total sales will be around 13 million.

about microsoft...

once again they will reduce the price of xbox one..

november or december at $349

The PS4 is already passed 11 million so you expect the PS4 to only sell 2 million for the rest of this year? Could you explain why you think the PS4 will suddenly start selling less during the busiest time of the year for consoles?

I think you're 3m - 4m short of the mark. Possibly even more.

because i think ps4 and xbox one not has important exclusive games to up console sales till 2015.

but if you think ps4 from october, november and december can sell 4m... i hope come true ;)

Not having enough exclusives didn't stop it from selling very well so far. Also, it actually has 2 exclusives coming out between now and 2015 on top of having many huge multiplats and the holiday season. It can surely sell another 4m units before 2015.

This is not even a question, both wont hit these numbers at Christmas and like we know X1 vaseline is extremly low outside holidays and it has no big releasr planned early in 2015 while PS4 bloodborne, the order,FF type 0 ( vert small release on X1), and maybe dragon quest heroes

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Depends on two things:

1 - Good performance of the two Driveclub bundles in EU + good performance of (possible) GTA V christmas bundle (worldwide?), all for PS4
2 - XB1 not going past 9.5M in 2014

If both of these happen, it's certainly possible.

Yes, it will, because of the line up in Q1 2015.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

Easily given sales are what they are.

Unless HAlo5 Gears 3 come out this xmas and GTA goes xbox exclusive.

They can definitely do that.

If it can happen also in 2015 yes, but in 2014 I suspect supplies could be not enough for PS4, so very high demand could favour XBOne in this "race", then in the early 2015 slump PS4 would be able to reach or exceed 2:1 lead satisfying demand backlog.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

After reading through everyone's comments, my answer to the OP changed from "maybe" to "most likely". Basically, if the PS4's "sales-to-go" are 2x or less than those of the X1, then the PS4 will hit 20M before the X1 hits 10M.

Aerys said:
This is not even a question, both wont hit these numbers at Christmas and like we know X1 vaseline is extremly low outside holidays and it has no big releasr planned early in 2015 while PS4 bloodborne, the order,FF type 0 ( vert small release on X1), and maybe dragon quest heroes

Agreed, and LOL@ X1 Vaseline.