By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will PS4 reach 20M HW sales before Xbone reaches 10M?

prinz_valium said:
dont think so.
its a tough call.

20m end of june 2015 latest for the ps4.
if february will be very big and end of 2014 ltd over 16m even end of march is possible

xbox one is way more unpredictable.
i have now clue how big theire holiday will be.
or how much china will do for them

but given the good changes ms has done, i see the 10m goal before end of march 2015

All good points, but consider the following.

1. PS4 will probably launch in China before March 2015.

2. The current 2014 sales are staggered hugely in favor of the PS4 beating the Xbox One to 20 million.

I just realized that we talk about China like the PS4 isn't gonna be there.   And without pre orders numbers for PS4 we can't speculate whether the PS4 would benifit more as certain polls have indicated.  Plus, we can really speculate on either console in China until either company presents a more definitive launch window.  I do agree that the holiday seson for Xbox One is a wildcard.

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
prinz_valium said:
dont think so.
its a tough call.

20m end of june 2015 latest for the ps4.
if february will be very big and end of 2014 ltd over 16m even end of march is possible

xbox one is way more unpredictable.
i have now clue how big theire holiday will be.
or how much china will do for them

but given the good changes ms has done, i see the 10m goal before end of march 2015

All good points, but consider the following.

1. PS4 will probably launch in China before March 2015.

2. The current 2014 sales are staggered hugely in favor of the PS4 beating the Xbox One to 20 million.

I just realized that we talk about China like the PS4 isn't gonna be there.   And without pre orders numbers for PS4 we can't speculate whether the PS4 would benifit more as certain polls have indicated.  Plus, we can really speculate on either console in China until either company presents a more definitive launch window.  I do agree that the holiday seson for Xbox One is a wildcard.

march 2015 would be the earlies i expect for china ps4 realse

maybe even summer or just holiday.

would be a bomba :D

prinz_valium said:
CosmicSex said:

march 2015 would be the earlies i expect for china ps4 realse

maybe even summer or just holiday.

would be a bomba :D

Can't really argue with that as I have no clue either.

Azzanation said:
I doubt it. X1 is now selling at the same price and with 3 major exclusives in Forza, Sunset, MCC plus the new COD bundle coming out at the end of 2014. I see the X1 closing the gap very fast and plus they have the China launch and many other countries its planning on releasing in very soon. PS4 will always hold the lead thanks to Sony's aggressive marketing but the X1 wont be far behind. Either way there just sales. I predict the X1 to actually offer the better games this gen.

Please create a thread to explain how fast X1 is closing the gap and how they will pass PS4, please use numbers and date so we can discuss.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Am I the only person here thinking just how painful and almost humiliating this has to be to diehard Xbone fanboys? I mean... Dayum! It doesn't matter who gets to these goals first, it wasn't more than last year as MS fans were confident Xbone would improve on the result of X360 and outsell PS4! And now we have to move the goalposts so far to have any sort of competition between the consoles. Just wow.

As incredible as it may be, I think PS4 can do it. It will be tough with MCC and some aggresive Xbone bundles that will no doubt come this year, but let's face it, PS4 is the more desired console in USA - and that is a massive change. The consoles will be on par there this Christmas with most parents grabbing whatever clerks put in their hands, as Xbone has managed to catch up in price, but EU will be a one man show with every kid wanting a PS4. And when some parents actually pick up an Xbone, I can see most of the these consoles being returned after Christmas and being exchanged for a PS4 by pissed kids. A draw in NA still makes for a 2:1 sale World Wide and that ratio would again increase early 2015 with Bloodborne and big 3rd party games.
In Japan N3DS will dominate (so foolish of Nintendo not to release it in the West this year!! Would sell like crazy when bundled with Smash), but PS4 should also sell decent enough to improve any advantage Xbone gets in NA this Christmas.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
ICStats said:

Right, you're saying YTD is good enough for estimating end of 2014 sales.

What I'm saying is given your estimate for end of 2014, we can conclude PS4 will hit 20 much sooner than XB1 will hit 10.

PS4 is outselling XB1 by 2.8:1 YTD... so why not complete your logic.

I'd say roughly:

- Wii U @ 10 mil in December 2014
- PS4 @ 20mil in April 2015
- XB1 @ 10mil in August 2015

I just realized I counted too much for Wii U.  It's at around 7.2M now with 1.8M sold YTD (probably a bit overtracked), so if we assume it'll sell 1.8M again before end of the year then it'll be at 9M at end of 2014, so it probably won't reach 10M until April-ish.

So how do you like these apples?

- Wii U @ 10mil in April 2015
- PS4 @ 20mil in April 2015
- XB1 @ 10mil in August 2015

Or if Wii U is overtacked as I think by 200K+ then it would be a few more months for Wii U to reach 10Mil.

My 8th gen collection

sony can sell about 20m at the end of this month.
for now they sold 16,1 million but vgchartz not has put the news sales, so maybe ps4 is 17 million now.

XB1 will hit 10m before PS4 with 20m

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I like how everyone is following VGC numbers, bruh, the last sales reported by sony is still 13.5 mill shipped, in october.

Vladimir7 said:
I like how everyone is following VGC numbers, bruh, the last sales reported by sony is still 13.5 mill shipped, in october.

So, what are you trying to say?