By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bungie: The Destiny Post-Game Carnage Report - Facts and Figures!

irstupid said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
irstupid said:
I always love when someone takes 10 million peoples total time and reduces it to one person.

Somehow 10 million people playing a game means 1 person watche Lord of the Rings a billion times.

I always love how some people don't realize that people have different preferences from themselves.

I.e I don't like it, so it must be a bad game.

You don't understand me.  I'm not saying the game is good or bad, just saying statistics like this, especially only like a week after release are pointless.

All games will have great hours per play session when a game comes out first.  You buy a game, no matter how good or bad you will most likely give it a few hours of your time.  When you have 10 million people, or however many games these hyped up games sell in week 1 these days, that ends up being like 30 million hours in week 1.  Come week 2 those 10 million people may be busy, have another game, or dislike it, or wahtever reason that they can't play.  This will reduce the TOTAL hours down.  But they could still use stats saying that "Active" players average is still 3 hours, cause people who are playing are still playing that length.  Forget that some are no longer playing, for wahtever reason.

I could go on and continue bringing up stats that are deceptive about what may or may not be going on.

Again says nothing about whether the game is good or not. 

I'm not addressing you, I only quoted you because I mirrored your post.

I'm pointing out that just because a vocal group of people on the internet don't like the game, normal people who are actually buying the game might have a different experience. And since, nearly EVERY part of the Game Media has something to say, Bungie's stats, PR as they might be, simply provides a possibility that the critical reception is just that, critical reception.

Some people seem to think that if a hyped game doesn't get its Metacritic, then its a flop, instead of you know Sales. So the stas themselves, aren't as important, as the fact that they show that the dissapointment in Destiny is not Universal, as Gaming Media would like you to believe. Because unlike Games Media or the Vocal users on Metacritic giving it zero, Normal Gamer's might not have foolishly had outlandish expectations for the game, and just enjoy it because its fun, rather than berate it because its not the Messiah, they neeed to go back to worshiping COD instead of desperatly looking to replace only to be "dissapointed".

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Notice that a lot of the disappointment is coming from the Xbox camp. Suppose it would be GOTG like Titanfall was if it was exclusive.

Anfebious said:
It will never be as good as Halo.

Indeed, it will always live in it's shadow.

TheFallen said:
Notice that a lot of the disappointment is coming from the Xbox camp. Suppose it would be GOTG like Titanfall was if it was exclusive.

Or maybe it's because we have higher expectations of Bungie, seeing as how we've been playing their games for over a decade. Just a thought

Xxain said:

Thats says nothing. I was disappointed in Sonic Lost World and FF13, still beat em though.

Thats just the problem you're looking at a game that hasn't fully been realized. Sonic Lost World and Final Fantasy 13 were disappointing for the overall product that it was. Destiny is an investment over the span of a decade and if you didn't notice that you should never have bought the game.

Around the Network

I really, really dont like your calling out of another user in the OP ethomaz.

Im gonna edit your OP and title to reflect the actual figures from Bungie, rather than try call out another user.

Arkaign said:
jlmurph2 said:
I'm half-way through level 27, still disappointed.

Sarcasm? Level cap is 20, but you can get gear that boosts your level rating.

Nope, no sarcasm. im level 28 now

Angelus said:
TheFallen said:

Or maybe it's because we have higher expectations of Bungie, seeing as how we've been playing their games for over a decade. Just a thought

You and I both know that a lot more of those expectations would have been met if it was Xbox only. Sure, there obviously are people who are genuinely disappointed with it (It will improve over time as ALL MMO's do), but the amount of disappointment that we're hearing is definitely to be taken with a barrel of salt.

Angelus said:
TheFallen said:

To play devils advocate, maybe it's because bungie was always overrated from Xbox fans and PS fans have better standards......to sides to every coin

A lot of funny comments after they announced avg. 3.2m players per day.