By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bungie: The Destiny Post-Game Carnage Report - Facts and Figures!

You know, this is actually something I'd expect for a newly-released console title.

You are going to sit down, and try to enjoy the game, of course!

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network

Those average game play session lengths are impressive but the game is still quite new. I'd like to see how many will be playing in a few months when COD and even MCC release.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

This isn't a reflection of how everybody feels about the game. Yes, some people really enjoy it but not everyone.

Also, 100 million hour divided by 5 million players is an average 20 hours per person. We can assume some players played 40 hours or more. While others played 10, 5, maybe even less. We can also assume there are multiple people using a single copy, a lot of rentals, etc.

Destiny is a decent game that just needs more content. A meta score in the high 70s is about what it deserves.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

irstupid said:
I always love when someone takes 10 million peoples total time and reduces it to one person.

Somehow 10 million people playing a game means 1 person watche Lord of the Rings a billion times.

I always love how some people don't realize that people have different preferences from themselves.

I.e I don't like it, so it must be a bad game.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Game is okay. Sucks compared to borderlands.

OP is a drama King!

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Wow, that's some bad logic. "People are playing it so it must be good". Nevermind the mediocre meta score and mediocre user scores, lol.

On the contrary, assuming that every single person playing the game voted on Metacritic or gives a damn about the Metacritic is bad logic.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

It will never be as good as Halo.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

ethomaz said:
ikki5 said:
People playing does not equal good reviews.

Thread is not about reviews.

It is about normal guys playing it because like it... the opposite of some guys that didn't played it are saying.

That's the point. I'm glad you said "Normal" Guys.

IMO Destiny introduced a generation of Casual Gamers into MMOs. Destiny is just a bunch of other games mashed up. It's in no way a bad game. But would I play it over other MMOs? (World of Warcraft, Borderlands, Guild Wars, Diablo). Naw...

I am only saying this because the people who seem to be enjoying this game are either new to gaming, NEVER touched an MMO because they considered it "GEEKY", or are casual gamers. All my Hardcore gaming friends either like it but it's like their "Secondary" game to their primary, get bored of it, or completely hate it.

Again this is just my opinion based on the crowd I hang out with, but I have read other reviews on other sites and forums and it seems to be a trend. I personally don't think the game is a 75/100. It is an 83 at least and it is fun and addictive. But other MMOs at least have a great story to get involved in (World of Warcraft). That really inspires me to play more, not just loot and killing everyone.

But I thought everybody hated it :^)

jlmurph2 said:
I'm half-way through level 27, still disappointed.

Sarcasm? Level cap is 20, but you can get gear that boosts your level rating.