By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So XBO didn't manage to outsell PS4 with launch in Japan and 2nd tier EU countries...What Next?

China, hopefully well sold.

We know XOne didn't sell good in Japan.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
celador said:
walsufnir said:
celador said:

People are claiming right now that it is not important, whereas last gen being ahead of PS3 is all 360 fans talked about in regards to sales

Well, I only remember threads that were stating PS3 would overtake 360 soon or even did it and that was over 2 years ago. And now look at the sales...

Not to mention Wii won last gen and in every bigger sales thread an idiot rose saying rrod rate was over 50% and ms counted replaced units many times. Guess from which people these claims were?

Btw, be careful with "all 360 fans talked about" as this generalization is wrong by default.

Your first comment shows that infact you do care about comparative sales because you have used that as a dig.  If you seriously can't remember any of the many threads all across the internet about how 360 was supposedly trouncing PS3 and what a failure that console was with 'no games' then I really don't know what to say to that.

But hey, the Xbox fanbase is a cut above the rest, right?  

So you agree with me that these threads existed? Then why only blame one side while not mentioning a bad attitude from both sides? It's unpleasant to show the bad sides of the party you are in, right?

And please, don't move your goal in the post, we were talking about the forum here and not "across the internet".  This only shows your inability to find appropriate evidence on these forums.

At no point I am saying that PS3 fans didn't say wrong things or make claims that are not true.  I can admit that because why would it bother me?  But can you admit that Xbox fans do it too?

I did not move any goalposts.  I never specified it was this site, although there were many, I am merely stating that this occured here and all over the internet too, therefore making your claim of not seeing them laughable.

celador said:
walsufnir said:
celador said:

Your first comment shows that infact you do care about comparative sales because you have used that as a dig.  If you seriously can't remember any of the many threads all across the internet about how 360 was supposedly trouncing PS3 and what a failure that console was with 'no games' then I really don't know what to say to that.

So you agree with me that these threads existed? Then why only blame one side while not mentioning a bad attitude from both sides? It's unpleasant to show the bad sides of the party you are in, right?

And please, don't move your goal in the post, we were talking about the forum here and not "across the internet".  This only shows your inability to find appropriate evidence on these forums.

At no point I am saying that PS3 fans didn't say wrong things or make claims that are not true.  I can admit that because why would it bother me?  But can you admit that Xbox fans do it too?

I did not move any goalposts.  I never specified it was this site, although there were many, I am merely stating that this occured here and all over the internet too, therefore making your claim of not seeing them laughable.

Perhaps it is laughable to you which makes me wonder why everything nowadays has to be laughable to show disrespect in a discussion with other people but that's a problem of general attitudes towards fellow human beings.

I can remember posts in weekly-sales-threads, for sure, but not threads about the 350 a gen leader is important. Which, again, would be stupid as it didn't lead the last gen. And please just admit that "whereas last gen being ahead of PS3 is all 360 fans talked about in regards to sales" is just not true.

walsufnir said:
celador said:
walsufnir said:
celador said:

People are claiming right now that it is not important, whereas last gen being ahead of PS3 is all 360 fans talked about in regards to sales

Well, I only remember threads that were stating PS3 would overtake 360 soon or even did it and that was over 2 years ago. And now look at the sales...

Not to mention Wii won last gen and in every bigger sales thread an idiot rose saying rrod rate was over 50% and ms counted replaced units many times. Guess from which people these claims were?

Btw, be careful with "all 360 fans talked about" as this generalization is wrong by default.

Erm your the one that stated you only remembered threads from one side. 

Im the one saying both sides were as bad on here, ignoring Nintendo as they argues over sales. 

Sharu said:
Gorfbeast said:
Acevil said:
Maybe they can survive and profit without outselling the competitor.

Thats some crazy "out there" thinking .......................

We all thought its a race and the winner takes it all... ((

Since Sony is winning this "race" 2 to 1 you would think that as a company they are doing well. But no they report annual losses despite this success due to other Sony business branches that have done terribly recently. And since MS is spending the amount Sony will be losing this quarter about $2.5billion (JUST TO BUY FUCKING MINECRAFT) I think I know which corporation is going to be still standing when this race is over. 

And no it isn't Sony. 

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:

Erm your the one that stated you only remembered threads from one side. 

Im the one saying both sides were as bad on here, ignoring Nintendo as they argues over sales. 

Perhaps you didn't get it but this reply wasn't meant for you.  But again, also for you, yes, I only remember threads with the topic when PS3 will overtake the 360 and similar content while, of course, posts existed in weekly sales threads that were making fun of the PS3 userbase (sth. like "only japan helps Sony to even get some sales").

Richmyster6907 said:
Sharu said:
Gorfbeast said:
Acevil said:

Since Sony is winning this "race" 2 to 1 you would think that as a company they are doing well. But no they report annual losses despite this success due to other Sony business branches that have done terribly recently. And since MS is spending the amount Sony will be losing this quarter about $2.5billion (JUST TO BUY FUCKING MINECRAFT) I think I know which corporation is going to be still standing when this race is over. 

And no it isn't Sony. 

It's not important to say it's still Sony but the Playstation has to survive, along with the people that make PS what it is today. If they work for Sony, Samsung, Apple or whatever is not of importance although I get that many people love Sony as a company.

Richmyster6907 said:
Sharu said:
Gorfbeast said:
Acevil said:

And no it isn't Sony. 

It's this year, not this quarter -_-

Why does it have to outsell it? The numbers should be fairly respectable now.

foodfather said:
Why does it have to outsell it? The numbers should be fairly respectable now.

Because by outselling you can easily feel that you are on a higher podest and people infer from this superior person they made the "right" chose and feel an advantage over people who own the other console.

I remember threads that said it'd be more important to see who makes the most money in a generation but this idea wasn't very popular and sales can be compared weekly, quarterly, yearly, so even "idiots" (not to insult anyone here) are able to tell who sells the most consoles.