By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So XBO didn't manage to outsell PS4 with launch in Japan and 2nd tier EU countries...What Next?

walsufnir said:
foodfather said:
Why does it have to outsell it? The numbers should be fairly respectable now.

Because by outselling you can easily feel that you are on a higher podest and people infer from this superior person they made the "right" chose and feel an advantage over people who own the other console.

I remember threads that said it'd be more important to see who makes the most money in a generation but this idea wasn't very popular and sales can be compared weekly, quarterly, yearly, so even "idiots" (not to insult anyone here) are able to tell who sells the most consoles.

So wait? If it doesn't matter why bother posting here? That seems counter intuitive especially considering how much you've posted here. You knew what the thread was about before you even clicked on it and knew that you'd get pushback for posting what you did. So if you don't care, what's the point?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

MCC and China actually sounds like they could do it, honestly.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Normchacho said:
walsufnir said:
foodfather said:

Because by outselling you can easily feel that you are on a higher podest and people infer from this superior person they made the "right" chose and feel an advantage over people who own the other console.

I remember threads that said it'd be more important to see who makes the most money in a generation but this idea wasn't very popular and sales can be compared weekly, quarterly, yearly, so even "idiots" (not to insult anyone here) are able to tell who sells the most consoles.

So wait? If it doesn't matter why bother posting here? That seems counter intuitive especially considering how much you've posted here. You knew what the thread was about before you even clicked on it and knew that you'd get pushback for posting what you did. So if you don't care, what's the point?

What? Why shouldn't I post here? Perhaps next time I should ask you for permission? :)

Sure I knew the topic but I didn't know what is in it and was curious. But what did I do? Talking and discussing, even arguing, with others I disagree with. Yeah, how could I, right? And this also happened on an internet forum... Tststs...

I think this launch has been the only time people have honestly thouht it would have a chance worldwide.... Next opportunities are the China launch and thats about it.

The real battle is who will sell more in North America this november.

so many boxers that "don't care" but never stop posting,how does that work

it is a simple equation sales,360 sold better and the boxers were all happy and loving lording it over the players but jump to next gen and 10m PS4's sold to 5m ONE's

read it and weep boxers,not so much fun now is it but of course you don't care about it do you,so nay bother let us all just get along and be happy with your third place

china next up in the box charge for some fanboy pride ,you so want to crow a week in sales but but but it just doesn't matter,lol

Moderated - Starcraft

Around the Network

Current Stage: Acceptance
Next Stage: Denial

With guest appearance by Sting

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

walsufnir said:
foodfather said:

The irony of signing up in a sales site, making over 6k posts, posting in a sales thread, only to say "sales doesn't matter". Shocking.

That aside, I am in the camp of people that feel the XB1 doesn't have to win the PS4 to be successful or profitable. At the end of the day as long as they make more money from the division than they put in then they are successful.

I will say this again though like I have said in the past. It does matter how much of a lead the PS4 builds and in what time it takes to build that lead. The gen is less than a year old and the PS4 has a 2:1 lead. It won't be good for the XB1 if by say the end of 2016 there are 50M PS4s to 22M. It may still seem like just 2:1, but that kinda 2:1 will make it al round harder for MS to remain competitive.

teigaga said:
I think this launch has been the only time people have honestly thouht it would have a chance worldwide.... Next opportunities are the China launch and thats about it.

The real battle is who will sell more in North America this november.

This is some mental gymnastics and goal post moving...Why does only november matter?? Cause that's the only month x1 has a chance to win??? Hilarious, so i f ps4 wins every other month and outsells X1 by millions, as long as x1 wins that 1 month thats the rela battle?? LMAO. Ps4 will prob havea  gta bundle, they win every month this year. World wide it won;t be close.

And we all know this other countries won't raise x1 baseline by more than 5k, but since we are heading to holidays it will be hard to notice.

About it being important or not to lead and people memory. We had like several threads about x1 passing ps4 that I won't name, and is strange that some people don't remember since some made those threads, other commented, some reported and certainly there was even mods there. So yes, maybe for some or even most of ms fanbase it isn't important, but to several guys here and ms pr it certainly is, please don't lie about it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

walsufnir said:
Normchacho said:
walsufnir said:
foodfather said:

What? Why shouldn't I post here? Perhaps next time I should ask you for permission? :)

Sure I knew the topic but I didn't know what is in it and was curious. But what did I do? Talking and discussing, even arguing, with others I disagree with. Yeah, how could I, right? And this also happened on an internet forum... Tststs...

What? I never said you couldn't, I'm just wondering why you decided to if you don't even think the topic of discussion is valid.

Of course who sells more isn't important, neither is it important if one game gets reviewed better than another or pretty much any other video game related topic you see on this site. Video games just aren't very important, they're just a fun way to kill time, like arguing about who's selling more.

You're more than welcome to talk about whatever you'd like, but don't pretend that sales discussions are any more trivial than anything else that goes on here.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.