By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So XBO didn't manage to outsell PS4 with launch in Japan and 2nd tier EU countries...What Next?

iameternalfire said:
teigaga said:
I think this launch has been the only time people have honestly thouht it would have a chance worldwide.... Next opportunities are the China launch and thats about it.

The real battle is who will sell more in North America this november.

This is some mental gymnastics and goal post moving...Why does only november matter?? Cause that's the only month x1 has a chance to win??? Hilarious, so i f ps4 wins every other month and outsells X1 by millions, as long as x1 wins that 1 month thats the rela battle?? LMAO. Ps4 will prob havea  gta bundle, they win every month this year. World wide it won;t be close.

I know you're Fw but will answer this. The real battle is november because if they lose even this month then there is no chance in hell for any victory.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
iameternalfire said:
teigaga said:
I think this launch has been the only time people have honestly thouht it would have a chance worldwide.... Next opportunities are the China launch and thats about it.

This is some mental gymnastics and goal post moving...Why does only november matter?? Cause that's the only month x1 has a chance to win??? Hilarious, so i f ps4 wins every other month and outsells X1 by millions, as long as x1 wins that 1 month thats the rela battle?? LMAO. Ps4 will prob havea  gta bundle, they win every month this year. World wide it won;t be close.

XBO will definitely outsell PS4 this holiday in the US. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

DonFerrari said:
iameternalfire said:
teigaga said:

I know you're Fw but will answer this. The real battle is november because if they lose even this month then there is no chance in hell for any victory.

LOL that's some backwards thinking. Desperation at its finest.

Acevil said:
Maybe they can survive and profit without outselling the competitor.

Yeah. MS will be fine, they don't need to sell like PS4, and they will never.

XBOne didn't manage to outsell PS4 in the WEEK where it launched in Japan and new EU territories... can you imagine ? 

Does this really matter for the game experience ? XBox fans will still enjoy their beloved games even if PS4 will dominate in the Global.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Fusioncode said:
iameternalfire said:
teigaga said:

No..it won't, it has outsold x1 all year holidays the momemntum and demand for each is not going to drastically change, remakes won't make a diff.

Around the Network
iameternalfire said:
Fusioncode said:
iameternalfire said:

No..it won't, it has outsold x1 all year holidays the momemntum and demand for each is not going to drastically change, remakes won't make a diff.

PS4 momentum is already nonexistant. 190k last month in the US? I mean come on. That's just terrible.

Intrinsic said:
walsufnir said:
foodfather said:
Why does it have to outsell it? The numbers should be fairly respectable now.

Because by outselling you can easily feel that you are on a higher podest and people infer from this superior person they made the "right" chose and feel an advantage over people who own the other console.

I remember threads that said it'd be more important to see who makes the most money in a generation but this idea wasn't very popular and sales can be compared weekly, quarterly, yearly, so even "idiots" (not to insult anyone here) are able to tell who sells the most consoles.

The irony of signing up in a sales site, making over 6k posts, posting in a sales thread, only to say "sales doesn't matter". Shocking.

That aside, I am in the camp of people that feel the XB1 doesn't have to win the PS4 to be successful or profitable. At the end of the day as long as they make more money from the division than they put in then they are successful.

I will say this again though like I have said in the past. It does matter how much of a lead the PS4 builds and in what time it takes to build that lead. The gen is less than a year old and the PS4 has a 2:1 lead. It won't be good for the XB1 if by say the end of 2016 there are 50M PS4s to 22M. It may still seem like just 2:1, but that kinda 2:1 will make it al round harder for MS to remain competitive.

I don't say sales don't matter but they are only one part of the equation. I mean look at how many people here come up with "I know what can save the Vita!"-threads. This system is selling incredibly low and has so many followers. And according to them it even has good games and still isn't selling good.

So what is the Vita now? A bad system? An unsuccessful system? Should Sony abandon it because 3ds is way more successful?

Btw, in the beginning I was more in tech-threads on this forum but sadly these are mostly gone... :(

Fusioncode said:
iameternalfire said:
Fusioncode said:
iameternalfire said:

PS4 momentum is already nonexistant. 190k last month in the US? I mean come on. That's just terrible.

Yet x1 was lower.....and peopelw ere holding off on destiny bundle, so your arguemnt is laughable at best..Sales will go up drastically from now on. Months of destiny bundles cut sales off from sumemr months..they all count in SEPT.. yes fastest ever to get to 10 million awfull. 1 month does not = the norm.

iameternalfire said:
Fusioncode said:
iameternalfire said:

Yet x1 was lower.....and peopelw ere holding off on destiny bundle, so your arguemnt is laughable at best..Sales will go up drastically from now on.

Don't disrespect my argument. PS4 is failing in the US whether you want to accept it or not. Nobody's going to buy the Destiny bundle anyways so it doesn't matter. 

Fusioncode said:
iameternalfire said:
Fusioncode said:
iameternalfire said:

Even more terrible is 160k for XBone with the  Madden NFL 15 special bundle...

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.