By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So XBO didn't manage to outsell PS4 with launch in Japan and 2nd tier EU countries...What Next?

the boxers were so sure the US market was on lock down,this is the issue of the fanboy hurt

xbox is waiting for a generation win,you haven't arrived until you win a gen,money doesn't buy that,games and casuals do

Around the Network

It's over.

It will never, in the foreseeable future, outsell PS4 for a month. It might take a week here and there (although it won't happen often, maybe 3-4 times a year at most).

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Intrinsic said:
Fusioncode said:

Don't disrespect my argument. PS4 is failing in the US whether you want to accept it or not. Nobody's going to buy the Destiny bundle anyways so it doesn't matter. 

You must be joking right? 

Let's put it this way, if sarcasm were sugar and I had diabetes, I'd be getting one of my feet amputated right about now.

Vasto said:
Who even cares if the Xbox One out sells PS4?

Uh, just about every Xbox fan before and during launch.  And then, again, when Titanfall launched.  Then, when the pricecut happened.  Then when they announced they were launching in China.  Then, recently, when it launched in more regions.

To be fair, though, most stopped caring once Titanfall failed to boost the One above the PS4.  Or at least they acted like or said they stopped caring.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Vasto said:

Uh, just about every Xbox fan before and during launch.  And then, again, when Titanfall launched.  Then, when the pricecut happened.  Then when they announced they were launching in China.  Then, recently, when it launched in more regions.

To be fair, though, most stopped caring once Titanfall failed to boost the One above the PS4.  Or at least they acted like or said they stopped caring.

Yep, they just gave up. You can only take so much beating before that happens.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

COLD_COBRA_ said:
Xbox fans don't care about sales this gen. Take this thread for example.
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=176178&page=84

Great link! I only got 5 or 6 pages in before I was bored, when does the Xbox fan celebration begin in that thread? I only saw maybw 2 or 3 users tops legitimately gloating and caring about the sales (and even that seemed entirely directed at a particular other member, for obvious reasons), and only 1 guy mention GOTG Titanfall. Yet according to the last two posters in this thread it was "just about every" Xbox fan caring about sales.

I mean obviously they cared about sales last gen, when the Xbox was not the top selling console. So it would only make sense for them to suddenly disappear and stop caring now that the Xbox is not the top selling console. It's science.

thismeintiel said:
Vasto said:

I dont know because I dont really follow the sales but I think most Xbox fans just want to see the brand  be successful. Sure there are couple posters that go to the extreme sometimes but those posters dont represent the entire Xbox community. I remember last year when people said the system would fail out of the gate so they have some reason to get excited.

Welp it's that time of the year again when sales don't matter . i think people are forgetting the important thing, The X1 won second place globally in the US and world wide that's what matter in a topic that no longer matters

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

As long as it sells enough to generate good sales on games on the platform, it'll be fine.
You have to remember that a ton of people buy consoles just for the entertainment aspects, rather than for games.
If xbox one sells to that hardcore base that is significantly more likely to purchase games, then that's good. We just don't know where that gauge is.