By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So XBO didn't manage to outsell PS4 with launch in Japan and 2nd tier EU countries...What Next?

roborad said:
As long as it sells enough to generate good sales on games on the platform, it'll be fine.
You have to remember that a ton of people buy consoles just for the entertainment aspects, rather than for games.
If xbox one sells to that hardcore base that is significantly more likely to purchase games, then that's good. We just don't know where that gauge is.

Interesting argument, but shouldn't that mean that the XB1 should then be the better selling console right now? Since tons of people buy consoles just for the entertainment aspects. Cause last I checked the XB1 was the better entertainment console of the two.

Around the Network

Awesome, PS4 is king of kings. Nothing can out sale it.

TheWPCTraveler said:
China. 100k+ pre-orders thus far.

No. It's only a bad rumor, by ONE person, on a forum.

It was the same with the numbers in japan before it was released here, with some ppl who expected the console to do 100K+ because it was on top on amazon... (and "sold-out" for a lot of shop)

Halo 5 is when it has a real chance. I don't see Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2 or MCC doing much for XB1.

vivster said:
Vasto said:
Who even cares if the Xbox One out sells PS4?

Certainly not Xbox fans anymore.

Xbox fan here, and I never cared.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Vasto said:

Uh, just about every Xbox fan before and during launch.  And then, again, when Titanfall launched.  Then, when the pricecut happened.  Then when they announced they were launching in China.  Then, recently, when it launched in more regions.

To be fair, though, most stopped caring once Titanfall failed to boost the One above the PS4.  Or at least they acted like or said they stopped caring.

No, I don't think "just about every Xbox fan" cared if Xbox One outsold the PS4.

Only thing MS can do now is survive this console. Go for a better one next time, because i don't think they will be outselling anyone this Gen.

NobleTeam360 said:
thismeintiel said:
Vasto said:

Uh, just about every Xbox fan before and during launch.  And then, again, when Titanfall launched.  Then, when the pricecut happened.  Then when they announced they were launching in China.  Then, recently, when it launched in more regions.

To be fair, though, most stopped caring once Titanfall failed to boost the One above the PS4.  Or at least they acted like or said they stopped caring.

No, I don't think "just about every Xbox fan" cared if Xbox One outsold the PS4.

Vast majority did, hell even Leafs fans care if the win even though they shopuld be used to those losers losing as they are eternal losers.  Still they care.

Namiirei said:
TheWPCTraveler said:
China. 100k+ pre-orders thus far.

No. It's only a bad rumor, by ONE person, on a forum.

It was the same with the numbers in japan before it was released here, with some ppl who expected the console to do 100K+ because it was on top on amazon... (and "sold-out" for a lot of shop)

Who would be this thrustworthy source for incredible numbers on X1??

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

NobleTeam360 said:
vivster said:
Vasto said:

Certainly not Xbox fans anymore.

Xbox fan here, and I never cared.

Sure, you didn't.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.