By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So XBO didn't manage to outsell PS4 with launch in Japan and 2nd tier EU countries...What Next?

vivster said:
NobleTeam360 said:
vivster said:

Certainly not Xbox fans anymore.

Xbox fan here, and I never cared.

Sure, you didn't.

Damn it you caught me I totally cared. 

Around the Network
fluky-nintendy said:

So what will be the next excuse for XBO start outselling the PS4? H-MCC? Sunset overdrive? New globaly in China release seems promising, but you think it will be enough? XBO has yet not outsold PS4 in a month WW, when will it take the throne or will it ever achieve that?

MCC probably a little, but I would say generally we will be seeing a lot of "Wait till Halo 5" talk around here.

celador said:

So now people are claiming that being gen leader isn't important. How times have changed.  People certainly cared about comparing 360 and PS3 last gen, certainly cared when it was said Xbox had this gen on lockdown before last year's reveal, they still cared at launch when the gap wasn't that big.

But now it is no biggie and only Sony fans care about that kind of crap anyway.  I almost want X1 to start catching up to see people 180 again.  Almost

EXACTLY.  People like to act as if the One was neck and neck with the PS4, or even above, plenty of Xbox fans wouldn't be rejoicing and/or gloating.  I think if we just look at last gen, we know exactly how they would act.  If anyone thinks they wouldn't, I think there is some bias there.

It's exactly like the graphics/resolution argument.  Last gen, graphics for multiplats were brought up ALL the time, from BOTH sides.  And if the 360 came out on top, which was definitely the case early in the gen, they would mock the PS3.  And we're talking small differences, like a few extra blades of grass or a few extra lines of resolution.  Now, that the One is behind in the graphics department, and by larger differences, "graphics and resolution don't matter/you can't tell the difference."

thismeintiel said:
celador said:

So now people are claiming that being gen leader isn't important. How times have changed.  People certainly cared about comparing 360 and PS3 last gen, certainly cared when it was said Xbox had this gen on lockdown before last year's reveal, they still cared at launch when the gap wasn't that big.

But now it is no biggie and only Sony fans care about that kind of crap anyway.  I almost want X1 to start catching up to see people 180 again.  Almost

EXACTLY.  People like to act as if the One was neck and neck with the PS4, or even above, plenty of Xbox fans wouldn't be rejoicing and/or gloating.  I think if we just look at last gen, we know exactly how they would act.  If anyone thinks they wouldn't, I think there is some bias there.

It's exactly like the graphics/resolution argument.  Last gen, graphics for multiplats were brought up ALL the time, from BOTH sides.  And if the 360 came out on top, which was definitely the case early in the gen, they would mock the PS3.  And we're talking small differences, like a few extra blades of grass or a few extra lines of resolution.  Now, that the One is behind in the graphics department, and by larger differences, "graphics and resolution don't matter/you can't tell the difference."

Yeah man! And there's totally not another side to that coin either, bro. A side where "Sony fans" didn't care about graphics at all during the PS1/PS2 era, or the PS3 era unless Sony was putting out a great looking exclusive. And sales totally mattered during those two generations that Sony dominated! But last gen they didn't matter at all man! At least, not until late in the gen when PS3 may or may not have caught up to and passed the Xbox. Then hey, sales man! Don't pay the Wii any attention over there in first place jabroseph.

Generalizations are fun! So please tell us, why did you not care a lick about graphics until this gen?

thismeintiel said:
celador said:

And then, they bring up stuff like the "power of da cloud" and DX12 to "prove" that the X1 will close the power gap. -__-"

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
thismeintiel said:
celador said:

Yeah man! And there's totally not another side to that coin either, bro. A side where "Sony fans" didn't care about graphics at all during the PS1/PS2 era, or the PS3 era unless Sony was putting out a great looking exclusive. And sales totally mattered during those two generations that Sony dominated! But last gen they didn't matter at all man! At least, not until late in the gen when PS3 may or may not have caught up to and passed the Xbox. Then hey, sales man! Don't pay the Wii any attention over there in first place jabroseph.

Generalizations are fun! So please tell us, why did you not care a lick about graphics until this gen?

Lol, what a poor response. 

I have always cared about graphics.  As does EVERYONE, otherwise their would be NO reason to upgrade each gen.  And last gen was no different, as the PS3 was outputting better graphics with their exclusives, as well as having better exclusives IMO, AND multiplats after the 2nd year were pretty much on par, which was around the time I could afford to jump into last gen.  Of course, small differences from previous gens are no match for the difference in raw power the PS4 provides over the One.  Something we will definitely start seeing more proof of as this gen goes forward.

And who's ignoring the Wii?  I can't ignore that just as much as you can't ignore the stomping the PS4 is giving this gen.

thismeintiel said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
thismeintiel said:

I have always cared about graphics.  As does EVERYONE, otherwise their would be NO reason to upgrade each gen.  And last gen was no different, as the PS3 was outputting better graphics with their exclusives, as well as having better exclusives IMO, AND multiplats after the 2nd year were pretty much on par, which was around the time I could afford to jump into last gen.  Of course, small differences from previous gens are no match for the difference in raw power the PS4 provides over the One.  Something we will definitely start seeing more proof of as this gen goes forward.

And who's ignoring the Wii?  I can't ignore that just as much as you can't ignore the stomping the PS4 is giving this gen.

And since there wasn't any forums at the time of PS1 and PS2 we don't know how much people regarded graphical gap in the gen, and since both released quite earlier than competition so people were already invested on it... and there were several exclusives for both so it was an balance of slight better graphics on N64 (but several genre lacking or shorter games) versus several exclusives, in PS2 the graphical gap was bigger, but there were still several exclusives that offset it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

thismeintiel said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
thismeintiel said:
celador said:

Of course now you always cared about graphics. Just like now Xbox fans always didn't care about sales. Right? 

Again, generalizations are fun.

LudicrousSpeed said:
thismeintiel said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Of course now you always cared about graphics. Just like now Xbox fans always didn't care about sales. Right? 

Yet another poor response.  This convo will get nowhere, so I'm ending it here.

thismeintiel said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
thismeintiel said:

Yet another poor response.  This convo will get nowhere, so I'm ending it here.

Can't believe that he missed the "everyone" in all caps... Knee jerk reactions are fun (not really...)