By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So XBO didn't manage to outsell PS4 with launch in Japan and 2nd tier EU countries...What Next?

celador said:
So now people are claiming that being gen leader isn't important. How times have changed.

When have Xbox fans claimed being gen leader is important to them? Xbox launched in the gen of the massively hyped PS2, 360 with the massively hyped Wii and XB1 with the massively hyped PS4 while having to fix its problems. We know PS4 is the leader,  but we're not going to take being belittled for having an Xbox One or for congratulating how well the Xbox One is selling.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
celador said:
walsufnir said:
celador said:
So now people are claiming that being gen leader isn't important. How times have changed.

When was it when it was not important? Perhaps the time when PS3 didn't lead or what?

People are claiming right now that it is not important, whereas last gen being ahead of PS3 is all 360 fans talked about in regards to sales

Well, I only remember threads that were stating PS3 would overtake 360 soon or even did it and that was over 2 years ago. And now look at the sales...

Not to mention Wii won last gen and in every bigger sales thread an idiot rose saying rrod rate was over 50% and ms counted replaced units many times. Guess from which people these claims were?

Btw, be careful with "all 360 fans talked about" as this generalization is wrong by default.

Btw, be careful with "Guess from which people these claims were" as this generalization is wrong by default.

You have very selective memory if there the olnly threads you can remember. 

Conegamer said:
Regardless of what people think of VGC numbers, they are what they are. They are what we have and it's the only thing we have on a weekly basis. So let's just all assume these numbers are accurate and take it from there.

Having said that, I don't recall any "excuses" being made. The PS4 outsold the X1; great. The X1 effectively doubled it's sales for the week and sold over 100k. That should be what people are pleased with; celebrating even. Not trying to cause arguments because the X1 didn't outsell the PS4 this week.

But that doesnt prevent to tell when they are undertracked ( easy to know there) or what we think about them.

I dont think such low boost for a second launch can be celebrated since we know Japan will go down by 22k next week ( and it's now official) like other countries... If it was s 200k , yeah maybe, but with such low number, the baseline will still be low and just increase by something like 10k

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

walsufnir said:
celador said:

People are claiming right now that it is not important, whereas last gen being ahead of PS3 is all 360 fans talked about in regards to sales

Well, I only remember threads that were stating PS3 would overtake 360 soon or even did it and that was over 2 years ago. And now look at the sales...

Not to mention Wii won last gen and in every bigger sales thread an idiot rose saying rrod rate was over 50% and ms counted replaced units many times. Guess from which people these claims were?

Btw, be careful with "all 360 fans talked about" as this generalization is wrong by default.

Your first comment shows that infact you do care about comparative sales because you have used that as a dig.  If you seriously can't remember any of the many threads all across the internet about how 360 was supposedly trouncing PS3 and what a failure that console was with 'no games' then I really don't know what to say to that.

But hey, the Xbox fanbase is a cut above the rest, right?  

celador said:
walsufnir said:
celador said:

When was it when it was not important? Perhaps the time when PS3 didn't lead or what?

That is totally different people expected that the x360 could not sell 50 million and that it would be dead when ps3 release on the markets. If people did not say Wii u will sell more than xbox one we would not have seece making a thread about xbox one doing better.....

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:
celador said:

Btw, be careful with "Guess from which people these claims were" as this generalization is wrong by default.

Perhaps I have, perhaps not. But it would be strange for 360 fans to say this is important when Wii dominated in sales and it's not going to be overtaken as it looks currently. Btw, the hint at the guess wasn't a generalization.

jlmurph2 said:
celador said:

When have Xbox fans claimed being gen leader is important to them? Xbox launched in the gen of the massively hyped PS2, 360 with the massively hyped Wii and XB1 with the massively hyped PS4 while having to fix its problems. We know PS4 is the leader,  but we're not going to take being belittled for having an Xbox One or for congratulating how well the Xbox One is selling.

I made no mention of how the X1 is selling.  I am just pointing out the fact that last gen and before this gen started, when 360 was leading PS3 and most people thought the Xbox brand had this gen on lock down, that comparing the two brands in sales was constant, and therefore mattered, whereas now Xbox isn't beating the PS brand, it apparently doesn't.

walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:
celador said:

Perhaps I have, perhaps not. But it would be strange for 360 fans to say this is important when Wii dominated in sales and it's not going to be overtaken as it looks currently. Btw, the hint at the guess wasn't a generalization.

Ha you do have selective memory then, last gen no one cared that Wii dominated, nearly everyone that wasnt a Nintendo fan just ignored it in the sales race. 

celador said:
walsufnir said:
celador said:

Your first comment shows that infact you do care about comparative sales because you have used that as a dig.  If you seriously can't remember any of the many threads all across the internet about how 360 was supposedly trouncing PS3 and what a failure that console was with 'no games' then I really don't know what to say to that.

But hey, the Xbox fanbase is a cut above the rest, right?  

So you agree with me that these threads existed? Then why only blame one side while not mentioning a bad attitude from both sides? It's unpleasant to show the bad sides of the party you are in, right?

And please, don't move your goal in the post, we were talking about the forum here and not "across the internet".  This only shows your inability to find appropriate evidence on these forums.

Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:

Ha you do have selective memory then, last gen no one cared that Wii dominated, nearly everyone that wasnt a Nintendo fan just ignored it in the sales race. 

I am glad it needed such a fine person as you to carve this out.