By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So XBO didn't manage to outsell PS4 with launch in Japan and 2nd tier EU countries...What Next?

I don't think X1 will ever outsell the PS4 in a month.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

People put too much faith in VGChartz numbers.

last92 said:
I feel bad for all those people that just yesterday were partying hard because xbox one supposedly outsold ps4 for one week...well, actually I don't. Backlash well deserved.

May be numbers would be adjusted again.

What make a 12h revision better than the previous estimatives?

kumagawa said:
Acevil said:
Maybe they can survive and profit without outselling the competitor.

Microsoft doesn't want to "survive" in the video game space they want to dominate.

The shareholders will not tolerate the game division coming 2nd 3 times in a row if the sales don't pick up I expect xbox one to be discontinude or the whole division sold off by mid 2016.

Steve Ballmer saw Microsoft through record profits every year and they still got rid of him for 'underperforming'.

Xbox has nothing to do with why they got rid of steve balmer. As if when people look at sony and microsoft they forget that their gaming divisions are just a part of their whole companies. 

Steve was booted because of everything else. Windows 8, windows phone, the surface... all those things under performed. As far as microsoft goes, when there is a problem with their windows business, there is a problem for everyone as that is their core business. The profits their gaming division brings in is nothing compared to what they make from their windows division.

Dark_Feanor said:

I bet you dudn't say anything negative when you thought the XB1 had won the week. i wonder what changed.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
Dark_Feanor said:

I bet you dudn't say anything negative when you thought the XB1 had won the week. i wonder what changed.

As if he would be the only one changing opinions back and forth on this forum, please...

Turkish said:
TheWPCTraveler said:
China. 100k+ pre-orders thus far.

But, yeah, it's more about proving to shareholders that the XBOX division can and will turn a profit even in the circumstances where it is not the market leader.

Any source for that 100k preorder number? Playstation is far more popular in China too.

I believe there's a thread for that here somewhere. The OP of that thread took every pre-order number from every retailer, and arrived at that number.

Well, the ones that actuallt provide pre-oreder numbers, that is.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

walsufnir said:
Intrinsic said:
Dark_Feanor said:

As if he would be the only one changing opinions back and forth on this forum, please...

How is that my problem? so basically you are saying that cause he is not the only one doing something wrong we shouldn't call him out for it? why don't you call whoever else it is you are talking about out too.

And this isn't even about changing opinions. numbers are released and your console of choice is ahead and all is right with the world and you start predicting rainbows and unicorns. 12hrs later numbers are adjusted and then the same person starts dismissing the website and its numbers.

Regardless of what people think of VGC numbers, they are what they are. They are what we have and it's the only thing we have on a weekly basis. So let's just all assume these numbers are accurate and take it from there.

Having said that, I don't recall any "excuses" being made. The PS4 outsold the X1; great. The X1 effectively doubled it's sales for the week and sold over 100k. That should be what people are pleased with; celebrating even. Not trying to cause arguments because the X1 didn't outsell the PS4 this week.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Intrinsic said:
Dark_Feanor said:

I didn´t say anything at all.

I don´t go to those threads. There is no point in lost time and energy arguing for things that will probally change in a few days or weeks.