By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mojang: Yes, we’re being bought by Microsoft (confirmed for $2,5 Billion)

Wow, living off an interest of 200+ million a year. What a crazy life change Notch has gone through.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network

I am curious to see the plan MS had with this acquisition and why they did this.

"The founders: Notch, Carl, and Jakob are leaving. We don’t know what they’re planning. It won’t be Minecraft-related but it will probably be cool."

I found that interesting. The original creators of minecraft are leaving with all the money. 1,75 BN for Notch, ~ 0,36 BN each for Carl and Jeb (Jakob Bergstein).

I wonder what hardcore Minecraft players have to say about this and where can I find them?

There goes any chance for a Wii U and 3DS editions being made.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
I am curious to see the plan MS had with this acquisition and why they did this.

to get 50 million+ people (especially the kids) into their ecosystem... "sign in with your outlook account to get free dlc!" ..2.5 billion made back easily..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

The part about Microsoft leaving them to dev on all platforms is the best news.

Dont fuck it up, MS.

lol and people were all up in arms with it at 2 billion... now it is 25% more than what they were initially up in arms about.

XanderXT said:
There goes any chance for a Wii U and 3DS editions being made.

3ds has not enough ram for Minecraft, I'd guess.

There is a post from Phil Spencer on Xbox.com that is great.

Phil is the man.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/09/games-minecraft-to-join-microsoft