By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What was Microsoft thinking with those X1 Japanese launch games!!!!!

sweetoothj said:
MoHasanie said:
sweetoothj said:
Microsoft is probably thankful that console gaming is pretty much dead in Japan. Now they just need to keep dominating U.S. and put more effort in Europe.

They aren't dominating in the U.S and will need to put in a huge amount of effort in Europe considering how bad the X1 is selling there.

They are dominating the US. Just because they aren't selling as well in the U.S. as the PS4 (fastest selling console ever) doesn't mean it isn't dominating. Microsoft probably know they can't beat playstation in sales unless playstation screws up because playstation brand name is just too huge to compete with. If they can do better in Europe they can at least stay close in terms of sales with the Playstation. Microsoft may be getting third party support right now, but if ps4 sales get way out of hand sony can tell third party developers don't make games on the xbox one or you can't release the game on the ps4. Trust me, they can force third party developers to skip another platform real easily.

Here is the defintion of dominate:

dom·i·nate

verb ˈdä-mə-ˌnāt

: to have control of or power over (someone or something)

: to be the most important part of (something)

: to be much more powerful or successful than others in a game, competition, etc.

PS4 is dominating in the US, not X1.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Yeah I don't think you can use the term XBO is dominating in US...when it's losing to the PS4, because as Mo says, that's not dominating..lol.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

MoHasanie said:
sweetoothj said:
MoHasanie said:
sweetoothj said:
Microsoft is probably thankful that console gaming is pretty much dead in Japan. Now they just need to keep dominating U.S. and put more effort in Europe.

They aren't dominating in the U.S and will need to put in a huge amount of effort in Europe considering how bad the X1 is selling there.

They are dominating the US. Just because they aren't selling as well in the U.S. as the PS4 (fastest selling console ever) doesn't mean it isn't dominating. Microsoft probably know they can't beat playstation in sales unless playstation screws up because playstation brand name is just too huge to compete with. If they can do better in Europe they can at least stay close in terms of sales with the Playstation. Microsoft may be getting third party support right now, but if ps4 sales get way out of hand sony can tell third party developers don't make games on the xbox one or you can't release the game on the ps4. Trust me, they can force third party developers to skip another platform real easily.

Here is the defintion of dominate:

dom·i·nate

verb ˈdä-mə-ˌnāt

: to have control of or power over (someone or something)

: to be the most important part of (something)

: to be much more powerful or successful than others in a game, competition, etc.

PS4 is dominating in the US, not X1.

They are still dominating USA because USA still buys Xbox gaming systems and a lot of it. That is still dominating U.S.

sweetoothj said:

They are still dominating USA becuase USA still buys Xbox gaming systems and a lot of it. That is still dominating U.S.

Your definition of  "dominating" is not the same as the dictionary's. You may want to choose another term.

I guess you cant say ps4 is dominating USA either because smart phone gaming is more popular.

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
Was this launch lineup a suprise to ANYONE? I don´t know the japanese market but it doesn´t feel like it will attract a huge audience. But wasn´t that expected aswell? :)

Yes these that believed Spencer's tweets.

spurgeonryan said:

Dead Rising 3 (Xbox One) – 8/9/7/9

Forza Motorsport 5 (Xbox One) – 7/9/8/9

Ryse: Son of Rome (Xbox One) – 8/7/7/7

Crimson Dragon (Xbox One) – 7/7/6/7

Max The Curse of Brotherhood (Xbox One) – 7/8/8/7

Kinect Sports Rivals (Xbox One) – 6/7/7/8

Zumba Fitness World Party (Xbox One) – 7/7/7/6

The Hell? None of these make me think "God! What perfect games to launch in Japan!" Instead they all seem like Westernized games.

Am I wrong or is this the first nail in the coffin for the X1 over there? They still have room for more errors, but this was a serious mistake, unless I am missing something.

Why you only mentioning 7 games?!?

The Xbox One Software Launch Lineup for Japan:

bubblegamer said:
Just becuase they won't do gangbusters, doesn't mean they should ignore it. You don't seen Microsoft ignoring other smaller countries.

Exactly and the only place cheaper to ship it to would be mainland China or South Korea but both of those care even less about console gaming then Japan.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Dismissal due to a Reality created from Dismissal.
Its better to try and fail rather than not try at all, and it perplexes me that money spent on timed exclusivity is seen as vital but money spent on enticing one of the largest markets is considered "A waste". Especially, when Microsoft has more money then its competitors.

I guess this is what Satya meant when he said Xbox wasn't a core part of Microsoft's business.

You know MS went down that route of enticing the Japanese market with the 360 and it really did not put a dent in sales there.  Some things really cannot be solved by money or for that matter even games.  Shifting a culture from considering a US made game console over the home grown would take more money than even MS is willing to risk  As many have said, even the PS4 isn't selling so what would be a realistic expectation for the X1.  Its better for MS to keep a presences then over spend like they did last gen only to still have the Japanese pretty much shun their product.

yvanjean said:
spurgeonryan said:

Dead Rising 3 (Xbox One) – 8/9/7/9

Forza Motorsport 5 (Xbox One) – 7/9/8/9

Ryse: Son of Rome (Xbox One) – 8/7/7/7

Crimson Dragon (Xbox One) – 7/7/6/7

Max The Curse of Brotherhood (Xbox One) – 7/8/8/7

Kinect Sports Rivals (Xbox One) – 6/7/7/8

Zumba Fitness World Party (Xbox One) – 7/7/7/6

The Hell? None of these make me think "God! What perfect games to launch in Japan!" Instead they all seem like Westernized games.

Am I wrong or is this the first nail in the coffin for the X1 over there? They still have room for more errors, but this was a serious mistake, unless I am missing something.

Why you only mentioning 7 games?!?

The Xbox One Software Launch Lineup for Japan:

Because XB1 is the last to release in that region. Nobody is going to wait for games that have already come out not to mention 4 of those actually might appeal to Japanese gamers.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank