By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What was Microsoft thinking with those X1 Japanese launch games!!!!!

Japan is not as important as it was during the Xbox/ early Xbox 360 days, luckily for Microsoft. But it reminds me just how bad the Xbox 360 launch was. A lot of people said the Japanese wouldn't buy the 360 because they won't buy American products but look at the launch for the 360: Every Party, Perfect Dark Zero, Project Gotham Racing 3, Madden, FIFA, Tetris, Ridge Racer, and Condemned. Terrible for Japan.

Microsoft will never succeed in Japan because they do not know how to.

Around the Network

apparently ms doesn't care about japan.....!

First nail? No that would be being an Xbox. :P

They won't do well there anyway apart from the first week, so clearly nothing to care about!

Just becuase they won't do gangbusters, doesn't mean they should ignore it. You don't seen Microsoft ignoring other smaller countries.

Around the Network

I though a visual novel and tons of shmups were launching along with them? Siliconera did an article on this, I believe.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Was this launch lineup a suprise to ANYONE? I don´t know the japanese market but it doesn´t feel like it will attract a huge audience. But wasn´t that expected aswell? :)

XBox is a niche console in Japan. Those that buy it are people who are into western stuff. It's kinda like Anime in the US...but less popular. There really is no point in MS having Japan-centric games since those that want those products are going to buy Wii U or PS4 anyway.

dead rising and forza are totally fine

the Kinect stuff, too

what else should they do? wait for 2015 unitl they got some decent "Japan" games?
they dont have anything else. neither has the ps4

It is a terrible launch line up. No one can deny that. Even if you forget its launching in Japan, if it was for a Western audience that isn't a great line up either.