By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What was Microsoft thinking with those X1 Japanese launch games!!!!!

They aren't thinking at all.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network

They are thinking that they do not know what they are doing when it comes to consoles.The same is happening globally.The Xbox was never a popular brand.360 sold from circumstances as the PS3 still sold more.

Mr Puggsly said:
McDonaldsGuy said:

Microsoft will never succeed in Japan because they do not know how to.

Japan simply isn't worth the effort or resources. Catering to the west just makes more sense given potential hardware and software sales.

Sony has succeeded in Japan but are now struggling. The Vita is basically dead, which is a huge blow for Sony because PSP was a great success there. I'd be impressed if PS4 can achieve PS3 numbers, which were way down compared to PS2.

The only console manufacture with a strong following in Japan is Nintendo because they actually produce games Japanese gamers want.

How did you come to this conclusion? It's sales are still likely increase YoY (and it increased YoY last year as well), not to mention the amount of software consistently be announced for it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.