By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What was Microsoft thinking with those X1 Japanese launch games!!!!!

Seece said:
Why would MS bother???

Well if I was incharge of a major console launch I would launch it in every single availible country I could, to maximise the market for my system. If the Xbox One like the 360 were to only sell 1million consoles in Japan then that is still 1million more consoles sold. 

Around the Network

Sony's was worse considering their presence in Japan.

This is simply expected from microsoft. They tried to push japanese software between 2007 to 2010 and Japan gave no shits!

MoHasanie said:
WagnerPaiva said:

I have Zumba Fitness World Party. Don´t ask me why...

I was so desesperate for games when the X1 launched that I bought all they had, including Battlefield 4 and this =/

Wow, how much did that cost all together?

I bought Dead Rising 3, Battlefield 4, Forza, Assassins Creed IV and Zumba, 300 dollars altogether.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

It's not like they're advertising these games

What were they supposed to do? XP

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
MohammadBadir said:

Release games that Japanese like?

Lol, Sony hasn't even done that yet XD

yvanjean said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Because XB1 is the last to release in that region. Nobody is going to wait for games that have already come out not to mention 4 of those actually might appeal to Japanese gamers.

Japanese gamers are buying a new console, if they bother to get an xbox one in the first place they're interested in all game on the console.

Beside Forza 5, killer instinct, Titan fall, Dead rising 3 & Kinect Rivals are all exclusive to Xbox one ... Only TitanFall has a xbox 360 version.

Like I said, Japanese gamers are only going to wait for Brand Exclusives or the Console's merits itself if they are going to buy the XB1. Ground Zeroes, for instance is no reason to get an XB1. If a japanese gamer waits to get the XB1 and then gets Ground Zeroes for it, it wasn't because of that game.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

It's a start. They have already said that they are working with Japanese devs to bring over more games, not to mention that both KH3 and FF XV will be on the system.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

spurgeonryan said:
MohammadBadir said:

Release games that Japanese like?

I don't remember Sony doing that when the PS4 launched!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

spurgeonryan said:

And we see where that has gotten them......

And the vita proves that if you give Japan what they want, you get some sales.

Yeah.. I suppose the PS4 will start selling much betetr once the games that appeal to the Japanese come out!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---