By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 100 million PS4 lifetime is impossible...

Lets be generous wiiu 20/25 lt and x1 30/35 lt.

Some say market shrunk to 200m so 150/140m for PS4, far from impssiburur to sale great when your competition is what it is. Given what its selling with lack of software, its gonna happen.

Around the Network

Predicting lifetime sales of a console not even done with it's first year is a joke. It could sell 250k per week globally for a year, but it could do 60k per month globally per year next year for all you know. The market is fickle and ps4 games currently are not being released at a rappid pace. 2015 lineup looks ways better for Wii U than it does Ps4 so far. Not to mention Sony has to at least ATTEMPT to make the Vita profitable so that takes developers away from ps4 games. The ps4 could sell over 100mil lifetime, or it could sell 40 million or less for all we know. The first year means nothing, and the first 3/4 of a year mean even less.

tak13 said:
Conina said:
tak13 said:
leo-j said:
The ps3 will more than likely end beyond 100 million.. And near ps1 numbers

according to 2014 sales will possibly hit 3m for the whole year ,down from the ...8m of 2013.

3 million this year? So less than 1 million PS3s in the next 4 months? Have they cancelled Black Friday and christmas?

sept -oct 300000 /nov-dec 700.0000 so yeah!this is my opinion for your favorite console,take into account that ps4 will cannibalize it...!(ps3 currently is 50% down, so in the best case should sell another 2m)ps3 sold 2.3 m nov-dec in 2013,what do you expect?ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i made a mistake, ps3 sold 12m in 2012,in 2013 sold 8m!

PS3 sold 3.2 million September to December 2013. As you say, it's down 50% this year. So if it stays 50% the rest of the year, it should be around 1.6 million. A long overdue price cut could revamp the PS3 sales, it is a great secondary console for the new PS+ subscribers who converted from 360 or Wii to PS4.

Dulfite said:
Predicting lifetime sales of a console not even done with it's first year is a joke. It could sell 250k per week globally for a year, but it could do 60k per month globally per year next year for all you know. The market is fickle and ps4 games currently are not being released at a rappid pace. 2015 lineup looks ways better for Wii U than it does Ps4 so far. Not to mention Sony has to at least ATTEMPT to make the Vita profitable so that takes developers away from ps4 games. The ps4 could sell over 100mil lifetime, or it could sell 40 million or less for all we know. The first year means nothing, and the first 3/4 of a year mean even less.

The whole post is an awesome joke buddy, and no.  LOL 40

BeElite said:
Dulfite said:

The whole post is an awesome joke buddy, and no.  LOL 40

Yeah predicting that the PS4 will sell only 40 LT is just crazy and probably should seek a padded room.

2015 line up on next gen consoles totally outbeats the Wii-u...sorry I know opinions and all that, but if we look at what will push many consoles, theres just too many on next gen..... Batman, Dying light, the order, Witcher, Battlefield, Bloodbourne.... theres way more than that, but thats all i could be bothered to list... and most of those are in the first 3 months of the year.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

The title and the OP don't match...

But yeah. I don't see the PS4 selling over 100 million personally. All depends on how it does next year.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

novasonic said:

I still don't see it. I might be a touch low on my prediction, but no more than 5 million. I just don't see how PS4 can go any higher than 70 million. The PS, PS2, and Wii reached 100+ million mostly because of casual gamers and most casual gamers have moved to phones and tablets. 10-15 million a year for 5 years, then PS5 will launch and sales will drop pretty quickly because by then it will be too insanely expensive to support two consoles at once for Sony.

Go look at year on year sales of multiple consoles.  The systems best sales aren't at year one.  The first years sales are one of the worst.  The PS4 sales will get better.  With the PS4s marketshare, I think the PS4 will sell 20m or higher atleast one or more years.

leyendax69 said:
novasonic said:

I still don't see it. I might be a touch low on my prediction, but no more than 5 million. I just don't see how PS4 can go any higher than 70 million. The PS, PS2, and Wii reached 100+ million mostly because of casual gamers and most casual gamers have moved to phones and tablets. 10-15 million a year for 5 years, then PS5 will launch and sales will drop pretty quickly because by then it will be too insanely expensive to support two consoles at once for Sony.

Wait, do you think from those 10 millions of PS4 sold the 100% are hardcore gamers? lol most of them are casuals too.

Of coure I don't think all 10 million are core gaming consumers. What I'm saying is the percentage of purchases from casual gamers will be much smaller for all consoles this generation. Less hardware sales but software sales shouldn't be affected much because the casuals never buy more than one or two games all gen anyways.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

kupomogli said:
novasonic said:

Go look at year on year sales of multiple consoles.  The systems best sales aren't at year one.  The first years sales are one of the worst.  The PS4 sales will get better.  With the PS4s marketshare, I think the PS4 will sell 20m or higher atleast one or more years.

I think the massive record breaking launch sales the PS4 had will off set a lot of that. I'm not saying it wont increase in sales a couple years down the road, but not by as much as a lot of people are expecting. I could see something like 12 12 15 15 10 6 4 1, 64m by PS5 launch, 75m lifetime, discontinued after 8 years.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Dulfite said:

No a console who sale 250k per week globally can't sale 60k per month globally unless 3rd party drop completly there's support which is imposible.

Maybe wii u line up is better quality then ps4 but ps4 line up will push more sales then Wii u line up.

Sony and third party completly abandoned psv and E3 and Gamescom is a proof of that so psv will not takes s developers away from ps4 games.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m