By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 100 million PS4 lifetime is impossible...

PS4 will pass 100M that's a given! but i think it'll end up between 120 to 133M, mark it!

Add me if u want :)

Around the Network
small44 said:
Dulfite said:
Predicting lifetime sales of a console not even done with it's first year is a joke. It could sell 250k per week globally for a year, but it could do 60k per month globally per year next year for all you know. The market is fickle and ps4 games currently are not being released at a rappid pace. 2015 lineup looks ways better for Wii U than it does Ps4 so far. Not to mention Sony has to at least ATTEMPT to make the Vita profitable so that takes developers away from ps4 games. The ps4 could sell over 100mil lifetime, or it could sell 40 million or less for all we know. The first year means nothing, and the first 3/4 of a year mean even less.

No a console who sale 250k per week globally can't sale 60k per month globally unless 3rd party drop completly there's support which is imposible.

Maybe wii u line up is better quality then ps4 but ps4 line up will push more sales then Wii u line up.

Sony and third party completly abandoned psv and E3 and Gamescom is a proof of that so psv will not takes s developers away from ps4 games.

Sorry but no company is literally going to NOT support their own devices with software lol. I suspect the reason we didn't see any vita stuff at E3/Gamescom is due to Sony realizing that the ps4 needs to be a big hit RIGHT NOW because pretty much everything else Sony sells is doing horribly. Now that the ps4 is doing amazingsauce in console/game sales they can focus on showing off the vita games they have been keeping a lid on.

Dulfite said:
small44 said:
Dulfite said:
Predicting lifetime sales of a console not even done with it's first year is a joke. It could sell 250k per week globally for a year, but it could do 60k per month globally per year next year for all you know. The market is fickle and ps4 games currently are not being released at a rappid pace. 2015 lineup looks ways better for Wii U than it does Ps4 so far. Not to mention Sony has to at least ATTEMPT to make the Vita profitable so that takes developers away from ps4 games. The ps4 could sell over 100mil lifetime, or it could sell 40 million or less for all we know. The first year means nothing, and the first 3/4 of a year mean even less.

No a console who sale 250k per week globally can't sale 60k per month globally unless 3rd party drop completly there's support which is imposible.

Maybe wii u line up is better quality then ps4 but ps4 line up will push more sales then Wii u line up.

Sony and third party completly abandoned psv and E3 and Gamescom is a proof of that so psv will not takes s developers away from ps4 games.

Sorry but no company is literally going to NOT support their own devices with software lol. I suspect the reason we didn't see any vita stuff at E3/Gamescom is due to Sony realizing that the ps4 needs to be a big hit RIGHT NOW because pretty much everything else Sony sells is doing horribly. Now that the ps4 is doing amazingsauce in console/game sales they can focus on showing off the vita games they have been keeping a lid on.

Really grasping at straws to support your unrealistic point.  

All of their devs even once that were mainly psp ones are in PS4 game production right now, they are using 3rd party smaller devs and indies types to suppport vita.  I dont suspect that, its a literal fact.

It seems most anti ps4 arguments are mostly hopes and dreams opinions and nothing more.  Facts and reality destroy em all the time.    

Dulfite said:
small44 said:
Dulfite said:

Playstation success is due to third party strong support with only first party Playstation 1 and 2 would sold that's much, 3rd party don't want to support handheld for somes reasons.

Sony don't own 3rd party studios so they can't force them to develop on psv.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

People compare the PS4 to the Wii because they've been the consoles with the strongest launch periods out of each generation, and the PS4 is selling less than the Wii did.

I highly doubt the PS4 will crack 100 million unless this generation stretches on for 8-9 years. It's had a strong start, but when you compare all of the current-gen consoles to their last-gen predecessors at the same point in time, people aren't buying into this generation anywhere near as quickly as they did the last.

I did these calculations on another site about a month ago, though they're still fairly current:

PS4: 10m vs. PS3: 5m
One: 5m vs. 360: 5.5m
Wii U: 7m vs. Wii: 32m
Vita: 9m vs. PSP: 29m
3DS: 44.5-45m vs. DS: 55-60m

The PS4 is the only console tracking ahead of its direct predecessor right now. The XO and 3DS are tracking slightly behind, and the Wii U and Vita are tracking way behind. When you add everything together, it suggests people are either content with the consoles they bought last gen, or they've moved on to other devices like iPad, smart phones and even PC. The PS4 has also been riding a wave of insanely positive press whereas the PS3's reception was mostly mixed until a couple of years in; I suspect in a couple of years time, the PS4 won't be tracking so far ahead.

I think it's definitely possible that the PS4 will still go on to be this generation's best selling console (after the 3DS, anyway), but if so, I'd expect it to hit between 60-80 million. I don't think any console is likely to get much higher than that in this generation.

Around the Network
atomicblue said:

People compare the PS4 to the Wii because they've been the consoles with the strongest launch periods out of each generation, and the PS4 is selling less than the Wii did.

I highly doubt the PS4 will crack 100 million unless this generation stretches on for 8-9 years. It's had a strong start, but when you compare all of the current-gen consoles to their last-gen predecessors at the same point in time, people aren't buying into this generation anywhere near as quickly as they did the last.

I did these calculations on another site about a month ago, though they're still fairly current:

PS4: 10m vs. PS3: 5m
One: 5m vs. 360: 5.5m
Wii U: 7m vs. Wii: 32m
Vita: 9m vs. PSP: 29m
3DS: 44.5-45m vs. DS: 55-60m

The PS4 is the only console tracking ahead of its direct predecessor right now. The XO and 3DS are tracking slightly behind, and the Wii U and Vita are tracking way behind. When you add everything together, it suggests people are either content with the consoles they bought last gen, or they've moved on to other devices like iPad, smart phones and even PC. The PS4 has also been riding a wave of insanely positive press whereas the PS3's reception was mostly mixed until a couple of years in; I suspect in a couple of years time, the PS4 won't be tracking so far ahead.

I think it's definitely possible that the PS4 will still go on to be this generation's best selling console (after the 3DS, anyway), but if so, I'd expect it to hit between 60-80 million. I don't think any console is likely to get much higher than that in this generation.

Wii sold even faster then ps2 and in the end ps2 still 50 millions ahead of wii so you're argument is not valid.

Both vita and wii u had a lot worse support then psp and wii that's why there's doing horrible and x1 is doing less then x360 because a lot of x360 owner bought a ps4 instead

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

PS4 is doing horrible in Japan compared to how PS3 did in Japan. All around I think PS4 will do great at least 80 million. Right now the PS4 is selling on hype alone. When the big hitters come out and support for PS3 drops a whole other wave of increasing sales will hit. A few reasons I can think of why PS4 may not get up to 100 million is due to the possibility of a shorter life, many gamers are leaving consoles and moving over to handhelds and even then many are becoming casuals and sticking to Candy Crap games. Also, the time and money it takes to get AAA games out on these systems is much higher which means more risk. Time of the indie has come. Even if PS4 doesn't get to 100 million it will do wonderful and likely will beat out Xbox1 and Wii U as well. 

Conegamer said:
The title and the OP don't match...

But yeah. I don't see the PS4 selling over 100 million personally. All depends on how it does next year.

I think the title wasn't supposed to match the OP.

iamserious said:

PS4 is doing horrible in Japan compared to how PS3 did in Japan. All around I think PS4 will do great at least 80 million. Right now the PS4 is selling on hype alone. When the big hitters come out and support for PS3 drops a whole other wave of increasing sales will hit. A few reasons I can think of why PS4 may not get up to 100 million is due to the possibility of a shorter life, many gamers are leaving consoles and moving over to handhelds and even then many are becoming casuals and sticking to Candy Crap games. Also, the time and money it takes to get AAA games out on these systems is much higher which means more risk. Time of the indie has come. Even if PS4 doesn't get to 100 million it will do wonderful and likely will beat out Xbox1 and Wii U as well. 

Did you check the numbers and release date for both? First wait for holidays in japan this year, if ps4 is still selling bad then I'd agree

I agree. PS4 will do far more than 100m.