By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 100 million PS4 lifetime is impossible...

Teeqoz said:
Conegamer said:
The title and the OP don't match...

But yeah. I don't see the PS4 selling over 100 million personally. All depends on how it does next year.

I think the title wasn't supposed to match the OP.

This is drake we're talking about, so you might be right!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

I have 120M fixed in my head because PS2 had legs nowhere to the seem again, and I doubt PS4 or any other system will have that much success PS2 had even with a new gen going for years already.

So to PS4 to reach or beat the PS2, this gen would need to be as long as last gen (what I find hard to happen) or have legs as long as the PS2 or at least close to it (what as I've just said, I find hard to happen too).

So 120M would be a great number to PS4 to reach but I sure would love to see it surpass my expectations xD, and as people go saying stuff like consoles are dying and there will be no new gen after this and stuff, I expect PS5 to be an even greater success to Sony than what PS4 will be, with the numbers finally being able to surpass the PS2.

PS4 looks more like the PS1 to me, with a great success and amazing numbers compared with the competiton, than the PS5 could have chance to be the PS2 to this PS1, with an even greater domination of the market and gigantic numbers that amaze everyone, with maybe not that much legs, but with solid gigantic numbers every year. And I'm sure Sony would appreciate it

I reaaly don't understand why peoples things this gen will be shorter 

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

AZWification said:
Teeqoz said:
Conegamer said:
The title and the OP don't match...

But yeah. I don't see the PS4 selling over 100 million personally. All depends on how it does next year.

I think the title wasn't supposed to match the OP.

Exactly!

Teeqoz said:
AZWification said:

Exactly!

Of course, I'm not trying to mock drake or anything! I'm a nice guy!

small44 said:

cause it one of the few things of any merit that supports their argument.

Around the Network
AZWification said:
Teeqoz said:
AZWification said:

Exactly!

Um...Yeah...Sure....

BraLoD said:
small44 said:
BraLoD said:

I have 120M fixed in my head because PS2 had legs nowhere to the seem again, and I doubt PS4 or any other system will have that much success PS2 had even with a new gen going for years already.

So to PS4 to reach or beat the PS2, this gen would need to be as long as last gen (what I find hard to happen) or have legs as long as the PS2 or at least close to it (what as I've just said, I find hard to happen too).

So 120M would be a great number to PS4 to reach but I sure would love to see it surpass my expectations xD, and as people go saying stuff like consoles are dying and there will be no new gen after this and stuff, I expect PS5 to be an even greater success to Sony than what PS4 will be, with the numbers finally being able to surpass the PS2.

PS4 looks more like the PS1 to me, with a great success and amazing numbers compared with the competiton, than the PS5 could have chance to be the PS2 to this PS1, with an even greater domination of the market and gigantic numbers that amaze everyone, with maybe not that much legs, but with solid gigantic numbers every year. And I'm sure Sony would appreciate it

Maybe because no gen have ever be this long as last gen?
PS3/360 where really powerful machines when released so they could keep in the market for a really long time.
PS4/XBO are already mid-range tech, so I find hard to it to be as long as the last gen, but sure as long as other gens, with a 5 to 6 years until the next.

With games budget skyrocket 3rd party would want a longer gen to reduce the increase of budgets look at how 3rd party still support old gens with games.

pc will always be stronger  then consoles if all people care only about graphics they would all go to pc

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Teeqoz said:
AZWification said:

Um...Yeah...Sure....

What?! I was being honest! I wasn't trying to mock anyone!

The PS4 will sell over 100 million in its lifetime. It's already selling better than the PS3 during the same time frame. Maybe it'll tale take a while, but it'll do it.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

AZWification said:
Teeqoz said:
AZWification said:

Um...Yeah...Sure....

What?! I was being honest! I wasn't trying to mock anyone!

And I was just stating my approval of that! No need to jump to conclusions! Trolololol