By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 100 million PS4 lifetime is impossible...

A good possibility.

Around the Network
Damagon said:

Because Japan.

I am one of those doubting whether the PS4 can pass the 100M barrier. And the only reason for that is because of that country and their fettish for portables. Not that they're known for making a big difference saleswise  but hey even 5M less lifetime could keep the PS4 from reaching 100M. 

"And if make this comparsion: PS4 have sold more than the PS2, PS1, and more double than PS3"

Not in Japan it hasn't. And for the looks of it it won't be anywhere near close to their lifetime sales.

LOL, and in USA? And in Europa?

PS4 have sold 160,000 last week, with only 5,000 in Japan, so?

PS4 will sell 7,000,000 in Japan, and in rest of world will sell double than PS3 sales.

Less than 100,000,000 is impossible.

Angelv577 said:
Well looking at how everything is performing in japan, I think 100 million is the maximum. PS2 sold very good in japan while ps4 won't be near that number.

In my honestly prediction:

PS4 will sell 65,000,000 in Nord America

And 70,000,000 in Europe.

Only with this market, will pass 135,000,000.

But ok, even if the PS4 will sell 50,000,000 in Europe and America... 50+50=?

And even if sell 40,000,000 in Europe and America, 7,000,000 in Japan, and 20,000,000 in rest of world... 40+40+7+20= ?

100,000,000 is the minimum of course.

Yeah, I expect 100 million as the minimum for PS4 sales, unless Microsoft manages to drop a couple megaton bombs for the XBOne.

I don't expect Japan to be a big market for PS4, though. I expect it to keep momentum, Vita-style, if you know what I mean by it. (From what I know, this year has been the only year where Vita at least kept up with 3DS, and this is its third year.)

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

tak13 said:

ps4 has locked 100m,however there is a market shrinkage,it  wont pass 100m 

But it has more of the market. Also hard to gauge the market shrinkage when next gen consoles are yet to be supported with frequent exclusives. Essentially when the games arrive which you need a ps4/Xbox One to play (2015/2016) sales should make current ones look like smal fry.

I  wouldn't be crazy surpised if it ended under 110m, but we're far too early in to say where its roof is. Other generations were far more front loaded in terms of 3rd parties ditching old systems and supporting new ones exclusively.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
The ps3 will more than likely end beyond 100 million.. And near ps1 numbers

according to 2014 sales will possibly hit 3m for the whole year ,down from the 8m of 2013.It s fading,especially in usa and japan.Itsn capable to pass 87.5 or it could hit 90m maximum!it is the eighth year of its life,ps2 stopped selling in twelve years and ps1 in seven,probably because ps2 was cannibalizing it,just like ps4 is doing to ps3!edit:P i wrote 12m of 2013 ,it was a mistake!12m ps3 had been sold in 2012

teigaga said:
tak13 said:

But it has more of the market. Also hard to gauge the market shrinkage when next gen consoles are yet to be supported with frequent exclusives. Essentially when the games arrive which you need a ps4/Xbox One to play (2015/2016) sales should make current ones look like smal fry.

I  wouldn't be crazy surpised if it ended under 110m, but we're far too early in to say where its roof is. Other generations were far more front loaded in terms of 3rd parties ditching old systems and supporting new ones exclusively.

lol,let me be conservative:P (110m is the maximum for me)

tak13 said:
teigaga said:
tak13 said:

Oh, I also totally expect a new 3DS style skew from one of the big too! Thats also guiding my estimates.

When do you expect the PS5 to be introduced?

drake_tolu said:

Is more probabily that PS4 will sell more than PS2, that sell less than PS3.

Still no games, so I don't care how it's sold.

teigaga said:
tak13 said:
teigaga said:

Oh, I also totally expect a new 3DS style skew from one of the big too! Thats also guiding my estimates.

When do you expect the PS5 to be introduced?

2019-2020 because i feel that microsoft will discontinue xbone and will release a new console in 2018(unless is going to abandon gamimg in favor of investors, however ms doesnt surrender)sony wouldnt like to  cope with a ninth-gen console:Pps4 is more likely to be the new gen ps1 not ps2...