By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 100 million PS4 lifetime is impossible...

Of course it will!

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network

But dem Japan sales .

My 8th gen collection

100m is easy, will happen in sub 5 years on the market. Maybe early 4th,

I still don't see it. I might be a touch low on my prediction, but no more than 5 million. I just don't see how PS4 can go any higher than 70 million. The PS, PS2, and Wii reached 100+ million mostly because of casual gamers and most casual gamers have moved to phones and tablets. 10-15 million a year for 5 years, then PS5 will launch and sales will drop pretty quickly because by then it will be too insanely expensive to support two consoles at once for Sony.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

novasonic said:

I still don't see it. I might be a touch low on my prediction, but no more than 5 million. I just don't see how PS4 can go any higher than 70 million. The PS, PS2, and Wii reached 100+ million mostly because of casual gamers and most casual gamers have moved to phones and tablets. 10-15 million a year for 5 years, then PS5 will launch and sales will drop pretty quickly because by then it will be too insanely expensive to support two consoles at once for Sony.

PS and PS2 are not casuals consoles

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
BeElite said:
I got a head ace trying to read through that, damn dude wtf.

PS4 will sale 100m + for sure, how much more depends...... on a hell o a lot, but things are looking good.

Kind of ironic. :-p

OT: Not sure what I think honestly. I don't expect this gen to last as long as the previous gen. That's why I expect it to perform similarly to PS3 lifetime.

small44 said:
novasonic said:

PS and PS2 are not casuals consoles

I didn't call any of them casual. I said the highest selling consoles always get a much larger chunk of their sales from the casual consumers than the lower selling consoles. Look at the PS, PS2, and Wii attach rates and compare them to their competition. If you think 156 million legit-ass hardcore gamers bought PS2s, then you be straight trippin' sir.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

I think for this generation we might see intermediate console upgrades, like X1+ PS4+.
If stream-box a major hit in the future. Then this will be must for microsoft and sony to keep up.

Just like new 3DS.

But they should make sure all the new game releases should work on old console may not be pretty but should work.

If they do this I think they can hit more than 100m easly.

BeElite said:
I got a head ace trying to read through that, damn dude wtf.

PS4 will sale 100m + for sure, how much more depends...... on a hell o a lot, but things are looking good.

Eh eh, I stopped reading after 2 lines, OMG what a mess of a post...

PS4 should sell around 120-140m. Just my forecast.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

I would say 120 million if this pace keeps up. It's pretty much a one horse race right now.