By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 100 million PS4 lifetime is impossible...

Arkaign said:
I'm a huge PC gamer, but only a tiny percentage of gamers are both able and willing to build their own. Leaving them with prebuilts. I do think PC gaming will continue to grow, but not explode. What is going to happen : Nintendo will bring a new more powerful unit closer to ps4 level in 2016 or 17 at the latest, but it will launch at 249 or less. Ps4 will be 299 by holiday 2015, and 249 or less by holiday 2016. Microsoft will begin killing xb1 investment and support beginning in 2016 (really a bit before, but it will be most visible in 2016 onward). Xb1 will end sales in 2017 at the latest. Microsoft will transition to making PC games, and later possibly games for other platforms. That will mean no big pressure to replace ps4, and we're on for a 8-10 year gen.

I really don't know why more builders, and I go on the assumption that any big PC gamer builds their own, don't acknowledge that they are a minority niche among PC gamers, but this is reality. 

I'm almost of the notion that MS should place more emphasis on PC gaming, but apparently they don't see it as enough of a growth market to place more effort behind it than their Xbox division. While I have a very hard time seeing them abandon the Xbox as a platform, they are going to have to stage quite a turnaround in the upcoming years if they want to convince shareholders of the viability of their console business.

Around the Network

My believe is much of sells for 8th gen whole of consoles less of gen 7, and will sale less of 200 millions, and possible of sells to be less of gen 6 whole of console sells. PS4 sells of 100 millions hides that gen 8 has sad future for less total sells.

This is my homage to those with the courage to make threads for whom English is a second language. I salute your efforts at having conversations in a language that is not your own, and damn the eyes of anyone who criticises your less than perfect grammar. Keep on posting good people.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

this again?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=187021&page=1#1

It's PS4s first full year after launch and this year alone will be 12m-20m in sales. The system isn't even close to its prime. Sales are only going to go up year on year until mid to late gen.  PS4 is going to hit 100m easy even if it only has five years until the next gen starts.

Wazowski said:
this again?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=187021&page=1#1

Expect to keep seeing these kinds of threads throughout the 8th gen. Woo.

Around the Network

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6516879

this was a very conservative opinion...and even so

Because Japan.

I am one of those doubting whether the PS4 can pass the 100M barrier. And the only reason for that is because of that country and their fettish for portables. Not that they're known for making a big difference saleswise  but hey even 5M less lifetime could keep the PS4 from reaching 100M. 

"And if make this comparsion: PS4 have sold more than the PS2, PS1, and more double than PS3"

Not in Japan it hasn't. And for the looks of it it won't be anywhere near close to their lifetime sales.

Yeah 100m is guaranteed. 120m+ is too much though.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

The ps3 will more than likely end beyond 100 million.. And near ps1 numbers

mM
drake_tolu said:

Much Many people still think that the PS4 will sell less than 100 million... i read predictions like 90,000,000-80,000,000... obviously this is an opinion, but I only have one question...

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!?

Seriously, why are so many much people are so pessimist?

Much Many people think that the PS4 will sell like the PS3... only because it has have the same brand?

Yep, and the Wii U will sell like the Wii because it has have the same brand. Agree?

No please... PS3, is the home console with less successful of Sony , and have sold 80,000,000, probabily between 90,000,000 and 95,000,000 lifetime...

So, how is possible for PS4, the console with more successful of Sony  sell like PS3?????????

PS4 have sold even more than PS2... console that have sold 160,000,000.

Why this post? Because too much people predict less than 100 million... Too much...

Honestly, in my opinion, the minimum will be 120,000,000, but i have write 100,000,000 because most people predict less.

PS4 will be a console like the sales PS2, or little less, not like PS3 or even less.

And please, don't write "PS4 have sold less than Wii and Wii have sold 100,000,000"

The Wii is a Nintendo console.

The Nintendo console don't have legs like Sony console, and you know.

If you want make a comparasion, make a comparasion with PlayStation console.

And if make this comparsion: PS4 have sold more than the PS2, PS1, and more double than PS3.

Is more probabily that PS4 will sell more than PS2, that sell less than PS3.

I corrected some of your grammer for you and left the rest so you can see where you are going wrong. Not to be a knob with you but I thought it would be ok if I tryed to help you English along? Don't mean to intrude.

to others. First things first. His first language is not English so instead of trying to make him look silly or make him think he is using correct grammer, just try and help. How else will he improve? My nans first language is Italian and she refuses to message me or speak to me in English. When ever I make mistakes which i do because of talking English one second and Italian another she always corrects me. More so when I was younger but it helped me to improve.

On-topic: I agree with you to be honest. I think something catastrophic would have to happen for the PS4 to sell a single unit under 100 million.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st