By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade (port?) _exclusive_ for new 3ds (no "old" 3ds)

gergroy said:
Conegamer said:
FUCK YES

I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW

You are happy that you get to throw down some more money to buy a new 3ds?  

For me, it is awesome that they are making xenoblade for the handheld, however I am freaking ticked that it is exclusive to the new model.  I just barely got my 3ds last year and it is already obsolete?

Suppose you could say the new 3DS is a new system, really. It's annoying but more Xenoblade is only ever a good thing. 

If it honestly can't play on the original 3DS, then there's not a lot you can do.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:
ktay95 said:
Lol you guys are being suchl entitled gamers. If XBC couldnt run on 3DS then its not coming to 3DS and never would have. However a new model of the 3DS can run itso its being made for it. If you dont want to upgrade then deal with the fact that you arent playing it. Others who want to upgrade shouldnt have to miss out on stuff like this because you are being entitled.

That's bull and you know it. We're not pc gamers. A console, handheld or not is supposed to run all the games released for it.

Yes and the 3DS does run all games released for it and more such as DS and DSi ware.

XBC however isnt released on the 3DS though. Its being released on the New 3DS =P

ktay95 said:
bubblegamer said:
ktay95 said:
Lol you guys are being suchl entitled gamers. If XBC couldnt run on 3DS then its not coming to 3DS and never would have. However a new model of the 3DS can run itso its being made for it. If you dont want to upgrade then deal with the fact that you arent playing it. Others who want to upgrade shouldnt have to miss out on stuff like this because you are being entitled.

That's bull and you know it. We're not pc gamers. A console, handheld or not is supposed to run all the games released for it.

Yes and the 3DS does run all games released for it and more such as DS and DSi ware.

XBC however isnt released on the 3DS though. Its being released on the New 3DS =P

Releasing a whole new system with exclusive content only 3 years after the "new gen" handheld is not a good move. It doesn't matter how you look at it.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

ktay95 said:

Silly me.  I apologize for thinking that my recently purchased 3ds would be able to play new games coming out for the system.  

gergroy said:
ktay95 said:

Silly me.  I apologize for thinking that my recently purchased 3ds would be able to play new games coming out for the system.  

Right ? Why did we even think that was supposed to happen ? The 3DS released so long ago, we should have known better !

Around the Network
gergroy said:
ktay95 said:

It will be able to. Did you watch the direct?? All but 1 game shown is for the 3DS, 3DS XL and 2DS and they are all new and unreleased games

ryuzaki57 said:
Who will buy a whole new system to replay the very same game srly?

HD remake would have been waaaaaaaaaaaaay more interesting.

For once I'm with you on this. I think Xenoblade (as it is) is no game for a mobile system. So I will pass, I already have it for Wii. I would also prefer Wii-version over 3DS-version, if I didn't owned the game yet. But a HD-remake I would buy without second thought. Same with Monster Hunter, a game for home console in my opinion. Hopefully Capcom ports it for the western release.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

AnthonyW86 said:
Sounds like Nintendo created a new 3DS so that they can port Wii titles to the system.

I know porting old games is hot these days but releases a whole system for it?

Seeing the video from the game than Nintendo again chose the wrong hardware. My guess is they just went for a higher performant but compatible arm processor which can be clocked like the old processor but still this doesn't have enough power to even reach ps2 level of graphics.

walsufnir said:
I am completely stunned by this! Releasing a new hardware revision and making a game which doesn't run on the old hardware mid-gen of this awesome selling device is completely out of touch for me. Seriously. Diversifying the whole userbase.

Not really, Nintendo is being really clever here. It will sell some 3DSs!

Wright said:
walsufnir said:
I am completely stunned by this! Releasing a new hardware revision and making a game which doesn't run on the old hardware mid-gen of this awesome selling device is completely out of touch for me. Seriously. Diversifying the whole userbase.

Not really, Nintendo is being really clever here. It will sell some 3DSs!

Considering the "old" 3DSs can't run New 3DS games, no, it won't sell 3DSs. It will sell New 3DSs.