By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade (port?) _exclusive_ for new 3ds (no "old" 3ds)

For one, as long as they keep supporting the old 3DS, i will not rant.
For now.

But there will be a ton of rant and brand damage, until it gets clear that we will be supported.

Around the Network

I wonder if this would have pissed people more off if the system also came with higher resolution top and bottom screens, and allowed Xenoblade to run in a similar resolution to the Wii original with 60fps update and programmable shaders?

In contrast to a tiny upgrade like we get now, that is.

vkaraujo said:
For one, as long as they keep supporting the old 3DS, i will not rant.
For now.

But there will be a ton of rant and brand damage, until it gets clear that we will be supported.

If you watched the direct it was obvious 3DS support hasnt stopped, XBC was the only exclusive game to the New 3DS. Yes there is more New 3DS exclusives in development but that doesnt have to mean 3DS development has to stop

may as well add second nub then if you cant even play this game on the old model.

don't stop half way in the revision.

ryuzaki57 said:

Yes, I guess there's some room for expansion there (although I heard quite many people hacked their Wiis to play the UK version or worse, pirate versions)

Yeah, but think of how small a percentage knows how to hack their Wii's in the first place.

Around the Network

So it's basically like a GameBoy Color or DSi to the 3DS. The GameBoy Color is obvious, but even the DSi had a handful of games that weren't compatible with the regular DS and vice-versa. There could be a handful of games that only work on the N3DS because of the beefed up CPU.

Then again I'm not even fully convinced yet this is the case with this Xenoblade port. (EDIT: People claiming to know Japanese confirm translation, but it doesn't change my point) I'm hoping there's going to be a US/European Direct very soon.

I don't think it's such a big problem. It's a good step to prolong the life of the 3DS.

I guess this means that the rumoured HD Remaster can't be Xenoblade now.

I am really confused. Has this ever been done before - that a older SKU of any console is not compatible with a newer version, as far as the games go?

What does it mean? That as time goes by, less and less games will be playable on old 3DS?

I don't own a 3DS, but I know I'd me mightily pissed if they put out Uncharted 5 exclusive on a new PS4 SKU.

Wyrdness said:
I guess this means that the rumoured HD Remaster can't be Xenoblade now.

Or maybe it is! Plot twist, it's cross buy/save!

JK.

Burek said:
I am really confused. Has this ever been done before - that a older SKU of any console is not compatible with a newer version, as far as the games go?

What does it mean? That as time goes by, less and less games will be playable on old 3DS?

I don't own a 3DS, but I know I'd me mightily pissed if they put out Uncharted 5 exclusive on a new PS4 SKU.

GameBoy Color is the most obvious one. Many games exclusive to it and unable to run on the regular GameBoy because of the colors, yet there were still a lot compatible with both too. Even DSi had games you were unable to play on DS (ignoring DSiware and online features in games like Mario Kart) and vice-versa.

This system seems to be like that for 3DS. I'm thinking there could be the rare game only compatible for this N3DS because of the CPU improvement, but 99 out of 100 will probably work for both.