By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade (port?) _exclusive_ for new 3ds (no "old" 3ds)

Dam you too tempting. I just got an XL in Nov...

Better 3D
Second stick
NFC built-in
Coloured buttons
More buttons
Better battery (up to 7h)
Now compatible with microSDCard
You can back up data on your PC via wireless.
Browser improved, now works with HTML5
CPU improved, makes browsing Miiverse / eShop much faster.
Can switch designs now (covers)

EXCLUSIVE AAA Games.(Like Xeno)

Around the Network
Dadrik said:
Wright said:
walsufnir said:
I am completely stunned by this! Releasing a new hardware revision and making a game which doesn't run on the old hardware mid-gen of this awesome selling device is completely out of touch for me. Seriously. Diversifying the whole userbase.

Not really, Nintendo is being really clever here. It will sell some 3DSs!

Considering the "old" 3DSs can't run New 3DS games, no, it won't sell 3DSs. It will sell New 3DSs.

Should have clarified, some new 3DS XL

Wright said:
Dadrik said:
Wright said:
walsufnir said:
I am completely stunned by this! Releasing a new hardware revision and making a game which doesn't run on the old hardware mid-gen of this awesome selling device is completely out of touch for me. Seriously. Diversifying the whole userbase.

Considering the "old" 3DSs can't run New 3DS games, no, it won't sell 3DSs. It will sell New 3DSs.

Well, duh. Of course releasing a new system will sell units of this new system. :P

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Dadrik said:
Wright said:

Well, duh. Of course releasing a new system will sell units of this new system. :P

But I was talking about forcing games onto the new system, not the first version :(

Wright said:
Dadrik said:
Wright said:
walsufnir said:

The question is what will happen with the old version? Will the new one replace it or does Nintendo sell the old ones for a cheaper price to completely confuse consumers.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:

The question is what will happen with the old version? Will the new one replace it or does Nintendo sell the old ones for a cheaper price to completely confuse consumers.

Did DSi cancel out DSlite or GBC cancel out GBPocket?
(I actually don't know, is why I am asking)
They will have both be in the market, just one phased out slowly. 

Quote Tree Shortened - Conegamer

spemanig said:
ryuzaki57 said:

I don't know about where you are, but here in France, Xenobalde was praised day and night by the press when it was released. Every gamer know about it.

In the U.S., no one knew it existed. I'm pissed I only heard about it when looking up Wii JRPGs after a craving, but it was like $300.

Yes, I guess there's some room for expansion there (although I heard quite many people hacked their Wiis to play the UK version or worse, pirate versions)

Thats Kinda disgusting for old buyers, Nintendo is disappointing

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I don't know what I should think about it. If this is just the 3DS's DSi with some exclusive features and not so many exclusive games like Xenoblade I won't need this. But if the New 3DS means that there will be no more new content for the "old" 3DS I will buy even if I don't like this idea.
But I think it will me the first oppurtunity because Nintendo announced it in a Nintendo Direct exclusive to Japan and the 3DS is just 3 years old! Maybe they started this when the 3DS had its bad launch^^

Btw: New 3DS is still a better name than Wii U. The people will understand that it's NEW :D

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

Buying a 3DS on launch will keep haunting me forever lol. Honestly I don't care about Xenoblabe that much, but I really regretted not waiting for the improved XL model. Now this better performing model comes out with even a few exclusives. It really seems like buying Nintendo's handheld later in the gen is the smart thing to do.