By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU eShop Demographics: 94% above 18, only 7% female

A better survey would be about miis or the nintendo id thing, this e shop thing isn't that good because most kids tell their parents to buy the games for them.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
I don't think these stats accurately define the demographics. My wife and children both use the Wii U, but purchases are only made through my account.

That's why NoA was dumb enough to present these on the Unity conference.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

:(

Females game little , oh well. AND NO IT'S NOT A KIDDIE CONSOLE.

No game is kiddie until you call it kiddie. And then it's kiddie only for you. Plus whataver CS Lewis said.

Jumpin said:
I don't think these stats accurately define the demographics. My wife and children both use the Wii U, but purchases are only made through my account.

Geez man.. give your wife a creditcard.. its not 1884 anymore.. they have rights

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Jumpin said:

Geez man.. give your wife a creditcard.. its not 1884 anymore.. they have rights

I think you misunderstand. It is not beneficial to have 4 spending accounts on Wii U because then resources are split 4 different ways, so we only do it through one account.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

well, that was probably taken at a place where there was little to no females and kids.

nice

RolStoppable said:
AZWification said:

Thanks for those kind words, Rol!

They are kind indeed. The thread that post was from was filled with rampant stupidity. Uncle Scrooge said it best: Nintendo fans cheering on their favorite company to go bankrupt.

1.) Nintendo isn't going bankrupt. Not even if they lost the same amount of money for the next 20 years straight.

2.) Nintendo is still going to sell like 85-90 million pieces of hardware this generation. So someone is still buying their hardware and the games. Their main issue really might be the fragmentation of their consumer base into two seperate platforms which means something like Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon only have a fraction of the userbase to sell. That and they relied on a very expensive gimmick controller for Wii U which has prevented profitiability the last two years as far as I can see (a mistake they should probably avoid).

3.) You act like getting attention from casuals is easy. It's not. Try taking a smartphone away from a woman for even ten minuntes and see how long it takes before you get punched in the face. Women LOVE their smartphone. If Nintendo lost that audience, then really there's not much that could be done. 

I'm sure Microsoft would love to have a way to way to combat Apple/Samsung, I'm sure about 20 other multi-billion dollar companies would do. Once Apple laid down the gauntlet for how (and how much) smartphone games are sold for, it was always the end for Nintendo's reign with casuals. They can't compete with that, but neither can many other companies. Nothing to be ashamed of. 

People are saying the small number of children is due to them not having eshop accounts rather than not being there.

Then go on to say the small number of women is because they aren't there.

Why are people using eshop usage to judge console ownership, but just for women?

wow.

so, nintendo start making mature games.

seems like the kids bought the "mature" consoles

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(