By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU eShop Demographics: 94% above 18, only 7% female

The lack of female WiiU owners kinda bugs me!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
Interesting. I understand that people are mainly over 18 since they need to be to use a credit card but didn't expect there to be so few females.

But Nintendo has pre-paid epoints cards.. or do parents not buy a WiiU and epoints cards anymore for their kids?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Female? What's that?

But seriously, only 7%...?

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

NiKKoM said:
MoHasanie said:
Interesting. I understand that people are mainly over 18 since they need to be to use a credit card but didn't expect there to be so few females.

But Nintendo has pre-paid epoints cards.. or do parents not buy a WiiU and epoints cards anymore for their kids?

Oh yeah I forgot about those. But most people still use credit cards I think. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I'm kinda being stereotypical right here but i think most of girls are casual gamers ( aka wii/ ds ). That explains a lot if you ask me.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
so its safe to say that the WiiU is pretty hardcore?

No, because is Nintendo :-p

Click HERE and be happy 

I would have to say that's a mistake of identification or something.

I mean, Wii U is much more of a core audience, i'll grant, but even the bloody heart of the Nintendo fandom has to have more than 7% women and girls.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
I would have to say that's a mistake of identification or something.

I mean, Wii U is much more of a core audience, i'll grant, but even the bloody heart of the Nintendo fandom has to have more than 7% women and girls.

Why would a female not put in their real gender on a Nintendo Network ID? It's not a Mii which you can make female or male.. do you even see someones gender?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

RolStoppable said:
AZWification said:

The lack of female WiiU owners kinda bugs me!

You are an idiot. 

Thanks for those kind words, Rol!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I don't think these stats accurately define the demographics. My wife and children both use the Wii U, but purchases are only made through my account.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.