By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU eShop Demographics: 94% above 18, only 7% female

Augen said:
MohammadBadir said:
And only 6% are 18 and younger? so much for a kids' console, Amiright? XP

That, or children are far less likely to use the eShop.  Not that surprising as kids access to money would be far less and if they had an account may be made by the parent to monitor expenditures.

Or kids fake their age to download m-rated games.

Around the Network

Well the above 18 is a no brainer if it is the same as in my country where no one below 18 without parental acceptance can get a master/visa card but instead just a special child card for use in atm's thereby making it nearly impossible for minors to purchase online.

I doubt all of those "18" year old are 18. A lot of kids put false ages. For instance I was 18 on my xbox account before I was 18 Irl haha. I would say 70 percent are really above 18

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Age polls are somewhat pointless when no age verification system is in place.

Or does someone honestly want to claim that only 6% of WiiU owners (who use the eShop) are under 18? :p Heck, i'd be incredible surprised if it was lower than 15/20% for any of the big three.

Soundwave said:
episteme said:

Seems to be quite similar to the vgchartz demographic...

lol, hate to say it but that pretty much is the hardcore Nintendo fan demographic too, so these numbers aren't a big surprise. 

Women are all about their smartphones/tablets nowadays, so Nintendo has no chance there. 

Some kids have a Wii U (though probably not that many) but they don't exactly have a credit card handy for buying eShop content with. 

Kids probably still rely on their parents to buy them everything. 

you know that is NOT the Wii U demographics, is just the e-shop buyers demographics '-'. Not that global number is very different... but still

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

Still, it seems that Amiibos could reach an audience that they don't have now (The under 18 people).

vkaraujo said:
Still, it seems that Amiibos could reach an audience that they don't have now (The under 18 people).

Amiibos are for display right? They're not for playing with surely... I'll buy figures which are for display and I'm 24.

so its safe to say that the WiiU is pretty hardcore?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

KLAMarine said:
prayformojo said:
TomaTito said:
Conegamer said:
7% female? There's something very wrong with this poll and that figure suggests that.

There's the reason why the WiiU has been selling low. They need female games!

Wii was around 50%?

No, they need kids again. The NES and SNES were kid owned consoles. I was one of those kids back in the 80's. We didn't want iPhones, we wanted an NES for Christmas. Nintendo needs to figure out a way to be the IT thing again for kids. If they do that, they'll be gold.

Hate to point out the obvious but iPhones didn't exist then. They do now and many kids want those iPhones for Angry Birds tripe.

I know they didn't exist. I was just pointing out that us 80's kids didn't WANT anything else apart from an NES. Nintendo needs to find a way to become the #1 product for Christmas again.

Interesting. I understand that people are mainly over 18 since they need to be to use a credit card but didn't expect there to be so few females.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54