By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ganondorf, Shulk, and Bowser Jr. Leaked for Smash - Nintendo Takes Down YouTube Vids

Whats with the complaints and calling characters clones if we haven't seen them in action yet? Dark Pit is a clone of Pit? Have we seen Dark Pit play yet? Look at Bowser Jr, he is a minature bowser in appearance yet is completely unique and far more different than bowser.

Can we wait before throwing Dark Pit down the well O.o?

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Can someone explain the differences between Pit and Dark Pit? Because I feel like they just wasted a character slot.

There is no "Wasted Character Slot" in SSB, Sakurai proved that a month ago with Lucina. 

To answe your question, there is a huge chance Dark Pit can be very different from Pit if Sakurai follows true to KIU. Same Model=/=Clone, remember that :)

Medusa or Hades > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pitto with some changes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Clone Pitoo. (very minor differences.)

So......wasted for me personally....

tbone51 said:
Whats with the complaints and calling characters clones if we haven't seen them in action yet? Dark Pit is a clone of Pit? Have we seen Dark Pit play yet? 

I think it just has to do with the fact that the character selection screen shows Dark Pit next to Dr. Mario and Lucina, who are both clones of Mario and Marth respectively.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

WhiteEaglePL said:
tbone51 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Can someone explain the differences between Pit and Dark Pit? Because I feel like they just wasted a character slot.

There is no "Wasted Character Slot" in SSB, Sakurai proved that a month ago with Lucina. 

To answe your question, there is a huge chance Dark Pit can be very different from Pit if Sakurai follows true to KIU. Same Model=/=Clone, remember that :)

Medusa or Hades > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pitto with some changes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Clone Pitoo. (very minor differences.)

Thats definitely opinionated cuz i wanted Magnus in before anybody (excluding obvious Palutena). Clone Pitoo is just appearance clone as of now. Its all mental issues with him. I mean palutena can be called a clone of pit right? She uses most of his power ups in KIU, but isnt called a clone because of different models.

If Dark Pit has a different moveset, then he's not a clone at all. 

outlawauron said:
Wow, so they'll include Duck Hunt and Dr. Mario but they won't put in Ness.

#justice4ness

No need to worry!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
WhiteEaglePL said:

Character slots don't work like you seem to think they do. Take away clones and you just have one less character in the game, because they require much less resources and very little balancing. They are a bonus, they don't take anyone else's spot. If the roster without the clones was subpar, maybe I would complain, but take them away and you still have the best roster to ever be in a Smash game

sundin13 said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

Character slots don't work like you seem to think they do. Take away clones and you just have one less character in the game, because they require much less resources and very little balancing. They are a bonus, they don't take anyone else's spot. If the roster without the clones was subpar, maybe I would complain, but take them away and you still have the best roster to ever be in a Smash game

Unfortunately many dont realize this, despite Sakurai proving it with Lucina.

So if this was the entire roster of 48 characters, if they took away Lucina/Dr Mario/Dark Pit it would be we get 45 characters, not 48 with another 3 newcomers :0

AZWification said:
outlawauron said:
Wow, so they'll include Duck Hunt and Dr. Mario but they won't put in Ness.

#justice4ness

No need to worry!

I didn't see that screen. I'm cautiously optimistic.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

Ness is one of the eight Smash 64 veterans, so he'll get confirmed sooner or later!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
outlawauron said:

Ness is one of the eight Smash 64 veterans, so he'll get confirmed sooner or later!

You'd think. I don't understand why they bother hiding characters that should be understood to be in.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.