By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How does Nintendo convince its fans to buy 3rd party games?

Nexus7 said:
freebs2 said:

Wii and DS had were a completely different approach from GC and N64. What views are you referring to?The fact they don't moneyhat 3rd parties to make games? 

That Nintendo doesn't believe in overwhelming third party support. They design consoles for their own games and if third parties want to jump on board then they have to make the first move. Nintendo just doesn't appreciate third party support. If they did then they would have made a console that was more in line with the PS4 and XB1 to make third party developers happy.   Nintendo needs to change their tune and start getting feedback from developers to help design their future consoles just like Sony did with the PS4. It's time to throw away those ancient tradionalist views. 

If you think a company doesn't like getting money from royalties you are losing the sense of reality.

Their consoles have different designs because they know they can't just compete with Sony offering a similar product, they have tried it with GC amd they failed. It's not a matter of "philosophies".

Around the Network

IMO people are too quick to blame Nintendo and/or Nintendo Fans. There is a MASSIVE difference between 3rd party support on PS/XB and support for Nintendo systems (even when a franchise is successful).

Take the ‘Tales of’ series. Symphonia was a big success on GameCube yet all Wii got was a shoddy sequel while XB and PS received Tales of Vesperia, Tales of Xillia 1/2. Yes Wii received Tales of Graces but not outside Japan (this was later ported to PS3 and released to the rest of the world).

Resident Evil 0, 1 & 4 were also decent successes on GameCube yet Wii only received two on rail spin offs from Capcom.

Final Fantasy? Decent successes on DS yet no love for the home console. While XB and PS received Final Fantasy XIII / XIII 2 and Lightning Returns Wii received FF Crystal Chronicles.

Soul Calibur? Released on GC but again skipped Wii.

The same pattern can be seen again and again. Even Sonic which is probably one of most loyal 3rd parties at first shunned Wii with two on rails games (Sonic & The Secret Rings & Sonic & The Black Knight) – Sega even skipped releasing Sonic Generations on Wii which in my opinion is the best Sonic Game in a long time.

I would buy more 3rd party titles IF the decent version of those franchises were available - but on the whole there arent any (looking forward to Bayonetta though!)

Nintendo console owners will only buy 3rd party games when the console is as powerful as the competition.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Maybe advertise them and get some exclusive content. Perhaps reveal some third party games at their E3 conference.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Easy answer is easy
Nintendo should start developing 3rd party games =P

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:

Well if we stick with this sort of attitude then Nintendo is never going to any 3rd party support. Is that what you want?

Based on all the comments I have read in the last week, YES, that is what most of them want, because "They can play them on PC", or "I have another console for those games".

Hmm maybe cant say it was ever a big deal back then n64 had the best fps best platformers best adventure etc of the gen so I didnt notice. Now im so saturated off shooters, creeds, cods, fifas etc that I dont notice now either. I even skipped gta 5 on ps3 for the first time since gta 3. Point is I personally dont care much for multiplats anymore

Fusioncode said:
Roma said:
it's not their job to make us buy those it's the turd parties job to make en effort. do quality work, do not release game later at a higher price when others have have them for cheaper. do not release the last installment and then announce other ports of the previous games on other platforms.

seriously anyone thinking it is Nintendoes job are clearly ignorant!

Well if we stick with this sort of attitude then Nintendo is never going to any 3rd party support. Is that what you want?

or third parties can change their attitude and we start buying their games.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

ktay95 said:
Easy answer is easy
Nintendo should start developing 3rd party games =P

hmm, that first sentence...do you watch cinemasins ?

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Roma said:
Fusioncode said:
Roma said:
it's not their job to make us buy those it's the turd parties job to make en effort. do quality work, do not release game later at a higher price when others have have them for cheaper. do not release the last installment and then announce other ports of the previous games on other platforms.

seriously anyone thinking it is Nintendoes job are clearly ignorant!

or third parties can change their attitude and we start buying their games.

Never going to happen. 3rd parties don't need Nintendo. Nintendo needs 3rd parties. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!