By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, 1st time

Tagged games:

kljesta64 said:
AZWification said:

I'm talking about Ocarina of Time's design and maybe a bit about its visuals, but it's still a fun game!

its 16yo of course its going to age but its still pretty good. i dont think design or visuals are the problem its more technical ,frame rate etc...imo games like uncharted,gears already show signs of senility.

I never said otherwise though..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
AZWification said:
kljesta64 said:
AZWification said:

I'm talking about Ocarina of Time's design and maybe a bit about its visuals, but it's still a fun game!

its 16yo of course its going to age but its still pretty good. i dont think design or visuals are the problem its more technical ,frame rate etc...imo games like uncharted,gears already show signs of senility.

i know im just saying ..i mean i had to write something

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

mZuzek said:
kljesta64 said:

A Link to the Past is 23 years old and has aged far better.

EDIT: I mean, not trying to say too much here. A Link to the Past came during the SNES era at the absolute pinnacle of 2D gaming, whereas Ocarina of Time was a completely new type of gameplay starting to develop - it was always going to age worse.

I agree. and 2D game age best also a good example is donkey kong country (snes)

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kljesta64 said:
AZWification said:

i know im just saying ..i mean i had to write something

No worries! I understand perfectly that you just had to post something!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

It really is an amazing game, but be prepared to hear "LISTEN" 400 damn times, when you want to be able to shut the damn bitch up.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network

I don't agree with those who said it hasn't aged well. It's still excellent, and more fun than any of the other Zelda games. Majora's Mask is great too, but it's the sequel, and is great in addition to the definitive Zelda experience that is Ocarina of Time.

Link to the Past is a great game too, but I don't like it as much as Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask. Zelda benefitted greatly in its move to 3D, Ocarina of Time is just THE definitive experience, and all the games since Majora's Mask have just not quite achieved the same level of magic.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

leedlelee said:
Kaizar said:

The 3DS game is the Definitve Version of the game, with upgraded Surround Sound & so fort.

Definitely play Ocarina of Time 3D with the 3D ON and all the way up, plus Surround Sound Headphones on. ULTIMATE ZELDA OCARINA OF TIME EXPERIENCE, 100% GUARANTEED.

I recommend something like "Plantronics Gamecom 777" for your Surround Sound needs on the 3DS.

EDIT:

Both the 3D & Surround Sound will blow your mind in this game.

Not to mention gyro controls...

might remember thinking what a stupid idea gyro controls were until I played the game...

While playing Majora's Mask on Virtual Console, I'll occasionally try to aim Link's bow by moving around my Classic Controller Pro...

Shows how much it added to the experience...

Yeah, I remember my first boss battle in the definitive version like it was yesterday; the surround sound allow me to hear it crawling away from me onto the wall and towards the center of the ceiling and hearing the eggs falling down and using my slingshot via True Panarama View thanks to Motion Controls, and all in No-Glasses 3D.

It was the greatest game i ever played imo, u just can ignore me in faq im a Zelda fanboy. I played Zelda since i was a child, but i still feel the magic when i played it.

The Fury said:
It's very good, like all Zelda's but they aren't my thing. I've only ever completed one and that was Wind Waker. Didn't complete Ocerina of Time as the 2 times I played it, apparently I hit the same game breaking glitch (where you have to free prisoners and I visited them wrongly somehow so the last prison won't spawn or escape or something so I got stuck and gave up, only found out about that recently).

Are you sure about that? Because I've never heard of a glitch like that. The prison cells don't spawn, you just have to find them. The last one is always hard to find. 

Baalzamon said:
It really is an amazing game, but be prepared to hear "LISTEN" 400 damn times, when you want to be able to shut the damn bitch up.

Reported for Navi-Bashing. I don't want to hear any of that.