By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, 1st time

Tagged games:

AZWification said:
Mythmaker1 said:
AZWification said:

Well, OoT feels dated nowadays so I can't really enjoy it that much! The same can be said for games like Goldeneye 007, Final Fantasy VII, etc..

Dated in what sense?

Graphically, and to a certian degree design-wise, certainly. But the graphics haven't aged poorly, with a few exceptions. And while the design does show its age at times, many of its more irritating quirks are ones that are still present in modern Zelda, Skyward Sword in particular.

I'm talking about Ocarina of Time's design and maybe a bit about its visuals, but it's still a fun game!

I assumed, but which parts? The only design elements that really detracted from OoT are ones that were dialed up to eleven in SS...

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:

Are you sure about that? Because I've never heard of a glitch like that. The prison cells don't spawn, you just have to find them. The last one is always hard to find. 

I spent a lot of time just looking for the last carpenter (the things that didn't spawn). It was a long time ago though and no matter what I did, no carpenter. I went into every prison cell, I thought. Maybe I was just crap at the game. But I lost interest because I couldn't progress.

Hmm, pie.

This was my first Zelda.
I remember playing it a video games store and getting lost in the field as young Link.
Soon I would be attacked by many monsters it seemed, and I had no idea how far the field would stretch on for... but I knew I had to get this game with the strange elf.

Now the Zelda series is my all-time favourite.
Ocarina of Time seems to hold the sentiment with a lot of people as being their first Zelda; the game that introduced them to the series.

How are you finding the game thus far? I'm sorry if it has already been stated, however I missed it if that is the case. Which version of Ocarina of Time are you playing?

It wasn't until Cenoblade Chronicles almost fifteen years later that a game captured my imagination in quite the same way as Ocarina of Time did...
Quite possibly my two favorite games ever...

Have a nice day...

Ocarina of Time is amazing but it's even better on 3DS. It's the game that made me love Zelda games....I hope you enjoy it ;)

Around the Network
The Fury said:
Clyde32 said:

Are you sure about that? Because I've never heard of a glitch like that. The prison cells don't spawn, you just have to find them. The last one is always hard to find. 

I spent a lot of time just looking for the last carpenter (the things that didn't spawn). It was a long time ago though and no matter what I did, no carpenter. I went into every prison cell, I thought. Maybe I was just crap at the game. But I lost interest because I couldn't progress.

It's probably the latter. Even on my 10th or so playthrough of the game I have trouble finding the last carpenter. 

Not the best Zelda game. We have Majora's Mask, A link to the past & others are really great games! I dunno why i mentioned 1st Majora's Mask & then A link to the past(GBA) lol :P

BraLoD said:

Yup, that's exactly what you just read, I just started to play the so called best game in history by a considerable amount of people, over 15 years after the actual release for the Nintendo 64.

I always loved the 2D old Zelda games on NES, SNES, GB, GBA, but I really never did a play through any of the consoles 3D games, so I decided to start playing it now, and I also plan to play Majoras Mask after it. (possibly Wind Waker and Twilight Princess too, specially Wind Waker).

I played just the first part until now and I am already liking it so far, the game really have a nice feeling into it.
And I just wanted to share it with you guys, maybe I do a review of the game after I beat it (may take some time).

I hope the game is really that good as everyone says =)

Enjoy. Playing that for the first time is probably most magical experience I've had in gaming period. It's gamings equivalent to losing ones virginity. It only happens once.

I tried to play it for the first time some time ago and just couldnt because of the graphics.. it didnt age well. I should try the 3DS version though

BraLoD said:

Yup, that's exactly what you just read, I just started to play the so called best game in history by a considerable amount of people, over 15 years after the actual release for the Nintendo 64.

I always loved the 2D old Zelda games on NES, SNES, GB, GBA, but I really never did a play through any of the consoles 3D games, so I decided to start playing it now, and I also plan to play Majoras Mask after it. (possibly Wind Waker and Twilight Princess too, specially Wind Waker).

I played just the first part until now and I am already liking it so far, the game really have a nice feeling into it.
And I just wanted to share it with you guys, maybe I do a review of the game after I beat it (may take some time).

I hope the game is really that good as everyone says =)

Dont expect to much because you were hearing so much praise (it will make you just see little flaws easier)

and dont forget its "old". It lacks hand holding compared to modern games.

Also think about the year it came out and always think stuff like (first real 3D 360° adventure game. Day night cicles were not common. First game with Z-targeting (enemy targeting) that works like in most modern games etc etc.) Know about the things this game did for gaming.

Keep those 3 things in mind and you will have a great time.