By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, 1st time

Tagged games:

It's very good, like all Zelda's but they aren't my thing. I've only ever completed one and that was Wind Waker. Didn't complete Ocerina of Time as the 2 times I played it, apparently I hit the same game breaking glitch (where you have to free prisoners and I visited them wrongly somehow so the last prison won't spawn or escape or something so I got stuck and gave up, only found out about that recently).

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:

The 3DS game is the Definitve Version of the game, with upgraded Surround Sound & so fort.

Definitely play Ocarina of Time 3D with the 3D ON and all the way up, plus Surround Sound Headphones on. ULTIMATE ZELDA OCARINA OF TIME EXPERIENCE, 100% GUARANTEED.

I recommend something like "Plantronics Gamecom 777" for your Surround Sound needs on the 3DS.

EDIT:

Both the 3D & Surround Sound will blow your mind in this game.

Not to mention gyro controls...

might remember thinking what a stupid idea gyro controls were until I played the game...

While playing Majora's Mask on Virtual Console, I'll occasionally try to aim Link's bow by moving around my Classic Controller Pro...

Shows how much it added to the experience...

Have a nice day...

AZWification said:
Mythmaker1 said:
AZWification said:

So? I don't care what other people think! Skyward Sword will always be better than in OoT in my book!

I think you're reading your book upside down. :P

In all seriousness, personal taste can account for a lot, but I really have never understood how someone could think so highly of Skyward Sword. Ocarina isn't perfect, but SS isn't even in the same league in my book.

Well, OoT feels dated nowadays so I can't really enjoy it that much! The same can be said for games like Goldeneye 007, Final Fantasy VII, etc..

Dated in what sense?

Graphically, and to a certian degree design-wise, certainly. But the graphics haven't aged poorly, with a few exceptions. And while the design does show its age at times, many of its more irritating quirks are ones that are still present in modern Zelda, Skyward Sword in particular.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

mZuzek said:
Clyde32 said:

5. Ganondorf(Twilight Princess)
4. Majora's Mask
3. Demise
2. Ganondorf(Wind Waker)
1. Ganon(Ocarina of Time)

Just because it was purely epic. 

Yeah, Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time both had amazing final battles because of the whole epic atmosphere, but I thought they were too easy.
My top 5 would be:

5. Majora / Yuga
4. Ganon (OOT)
3. Ganondorf (WW)
2. Malladus
1. Demise

OoT just screamed epic. Having the master sword knocked out of your hand was a good way to introduce the fight. 

Mythmaker1 said:
AZWification said:

Well, OoT feels dated nowadays so I can't really enjoy it that much! The same can be said for games like Goldeneye 007, Final Fantasy VII, etc..

Dated in what sense?

Graphically, and to a certian degree design-wise, certainly. But the graphics haven't aged poorly, with a few exceptions. And while the design does show its age at times, many of its more irritating quirks are ones that are still present in modern Zelda, Skyward Sword in particular.

I'm talking about Ocarina of Time's design and maybe a bit about its visuals, but it's still a fun game!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
AZWification said:
Mythmaker1 said:
AZWification said:

Dated in what sense?

I'm talking about Ocarina of Time's design and maybe a bit about its visuals, but it's still a fun game!

No way bro, Hero of Time = Best design.(Debating on Twilight Princess, but HoT sitll takes it. TP Zelda takes the best Zelda design though)

Clyde32 said:
AZWification said:

No way bro, Hero of Time = Best design.(Debating on Twilight Princess, but HoT sitll takes it. TP Zelda takes the best Zelda design though)

Meh.. Twilight Princess was my last favorite 3D Zelda game.. :S

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
Clyde32 said:
AZWification said:

Meh.. Twilight Princess was my last favorite 3D Zelda game.. :S

My second to the last favorite with SS being my least. They were both good games, Both incredible games for that matter. But for console Zelda standards, they are just that, good. 

The Fury said:
It's very good, like all Zelda's but they aren't my thing. I've only ever completed one and that was Wind Waker. Didn't complete Ocerina of Time as the 2 times I played it, apparently I hit the same game breaking glitch (where you have to free prisoners and I visited them wrongly somehow so the last prison won't spawn or escape or something so I got stuck and gave up, only found out about that recently).

Are U talking bout the N64 original version of the game?

AZWification said:
Mythmaker1 said:
AZWification said:

Dated in what sense?

its 16yo of course its going to age but its still pretty good. i dont think design or visuals are the problem its more technical ,frame rate etc...imo games like uncharted,gears already show signs of senility.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.