By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, 1st time

Tagged games:

_crazy_man_ said:
I wish I could play Prime 1 for the first time again.....

please dont or I'll cut myself..

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

Yup, that's exactly what you just read, I just started to play the so called best game in history by a considerable amount of people, over 15 years after the actual release for the Nintendo 64.

I always loved the 2D old Zelda games on NES, SNES, GB, GBA, but I really never did a play through any of the consoles 3D games, so I decided to start playing it now, and I also plan to play Majoras Mask after it. (possibly Wind Waker and Twilight Princess too, specially Wind Waker).

I played just the first part until now and I am already liking it so far, the game really have a nice feeling into it.
And I just wanted to share it with you guys, maybe I do a review of the game after I beat it (may take some time).

I hope the game is really that good as everyone says =)

please tell me you play it on the N64...

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Definitely overrated, but still a good game, nonetheless.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ultrashroomz said:
Definitely overrated, but still a good game, nonetheless.

If anything it is underrated. It's got a 99 on Metacritic, so it's underrated 1 point. 

mZuzek said:
Clyde32 said:

If anything it is underrated. It's got a 99 on Metacritic, so it's underrated 1 point. 

Nah. It deserves 95 at best... but that's looking at it from today's standards.

I guess you could say the same about all games. When I look at OoT I still get the chills when I think of the final battle. 

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Clyde32 said:

I guess you could say the same about all games. When I look at OoT I still get the chills when I think of the final battle. 

It's a great ending, but what ruins it for me is the opening third of the game. After you get the Master Sword it's nearly flawless all the way until the end, though I thought the bosses were a little bit too simple/easy. As epic as the final battle is, it's nowhere near as hard or complex as it could be, which stops it from being my favorite final battle in the franchise (that title is still shared between ST and SS for me).

If I were to rate the final battles in the series, the top five is probably be the following

5. Ganondorf(Twilight Princess)
4. Majora's Mask
3. Demise
2. Ganondorf(Wind Waker)
1. Ganon(Ocarina of Time)

Just because it was purely epic. 

AZWification said:
RealGamingExpert said:
AZWification said:

I will do just that, but why? :S

Because people hate SS!

So? I don't care what other people think! Skyward Sword will always be better than in OoT in my book!

I think you're reading your book upside down. :P

In all seriousness, personal taste can account for a lot, but I really have never understood how someone could think so highly of Skyward Sword. Ocarina isn't perfect, but SS isn't even in the same league in my book.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Playing Ocarina of time was so amazing because it was so ahead of its time. The size and scope of the game were so much grander than anything else up to that point (at least on console). There was so much to do and all in glorious 3D. I remember spending hours just wandering around the castle town seeing all that could be done. Not sure the game would have that effect today. I wonder what it would be like to play it for the first time now.

Bristow9091 said:
InnocentSin said:
I don't think it's the best game ever, it's not even my favorite Zelda but it's still a great game.

This, to be honest, in my opinion atleast, the best Zelda game is The Wind Waker, I never got to play it on the Gamecube (Never owned one) and my first time was the HD remaster on Wii U earlier this year, and it was, in a simple way to say it: Pretty fucking amazing, loved every second of it!

But yeah, Ocarina of Time is a little overrated when it comes to people calling it the best game of all time and stuff, but it's still a great game and fun to play... it was good enough for me to rebuy it on 3DS and happily sit and play through it again, lol :P

I agree, Windwaker is my favorite as well. I'm a sucker for pirates and oceans.

Just wait until you get to the Water Temple...