By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am sad ... Really sad

Puppyroach said:
When I had my nephew on visit I saw how he has become as much of a video game nerd that I was growing up. He plays alot more on touch based devices and is very into the whole magical gaming sphere. Personally, I have started gaming more on my emulator, old Mega Drive games, and I love them. But I also realize that they aren´t as magical as they were when I grew up.

Personally, I have always blamed Sony because they commersialised video games in a way that hadn´t been done before. Nowadays, I understand that they actually saved the industry because it needed to grow.

You grow up, and the magic slowly fades away. The industry is less innocent today and we who grew up with it has seen it all happen. But much of the magic is still there for those who are younger.

Eh not really.  That magic was very much there for me with Ni no Kuni, The Last of Us, and Xenoblade Chronicles.

We just need to go back to gamers making games instead of investors.

All three of those games had me simultaneously in tears and smiling not because of the stories but just because I was in heaven and so relieved to know that games , modern games, could still capture the magic I once experienced on SNES.

Proof that you CAN have state of the art graphics and a good game.  These games all made me feel like a 6 year old on Christmas morning just from how obvious it was the devs put their heart and souls into the game the moment you put the disc in.  Parts in the game you're supposed to be sad and crying I was HAPPY and crying because I was THRILLED the game was affecting me and making me sad like that. And the affirmation that my tastes have not changed in 20 years, but validation of the fact that yes, GAMES HAVE CHANGED FOR THE WORST, not me.

Beats the fuck out of "K/D bro!" 

Around the Network

what you need to do is take a breath and STAY AWAY FROM THE INTERNET!!! or atleast forum debates...

This industry had poison injected into its veins last gen and it continues.

The day that west took control of this industry bringing with them all the garbage they put PC gamers though was beginning of the end.

Look at everything we complain about wrong with industry ... Where did it start?

Huh?

Nothings change, the only difference from now and "back in the day" is the internet, people just know more now about gaming and is telling everyone about it. If it's really bothering you and affecting your gaming, then stop going on gaming sites, you'll never here about it again. The only problem is yourself for giving attention to the gaming drama.

PullusPardus said:
Smear-Gel said:
Video Games Crash of 2015. Calling it now.

Western developers yes. But not eastern, they still have integrity.

seriously.

Around the Network
arcane_chaos said:
what you need to do is take a breath and STAY AWAY FROM THE INTERNET!!! or atleast forum debates...

You do have to understand that staying away from the amusing forum debates is pretty damn hard!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
arcane_chaos said:

You do have to understand that staying away from the amusing forum debates is pretty damn hard!

Actually its pretty simple, just get banned.

If you make an alt, to post, then you get permabanned and you won't be on the site long enough to even get in a debate.

So you either sit their and watch the forum debates, or you just don't go to this site for a while...

But then you go to Neogaf...

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

gaming is really getting expensive, normally i have two consoles of each gen, but i havent jumped this gen, with dlc, online fees, microtrans, its becoming bs,

old skool

PullusPardus said:
Smear-Gel said:
Video Games Crash of 2015. Calling it now.

Western developers yes. But not eastern, they still have integrity.

Currently the opposite seems far more likely. Western developers are far more ambitious than the Japanese (except Kojima Productions and Polyphony Digital).

Video game crash is already hapening in Japan, can't say the same for the West.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Actually its pretty simple, just get banned.

If you make an alt, to post, then you get permabanned and you won't be on the site long enough to even get in a debate.

So you either sit their and watch the forum debates, or you just don't go to this site for a while...

But then you go to Neogaf...

Eh, at least GAF is better than N4G or GameSpot.. That's something I guess! :-S

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---