By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am sad ... Really sad

spurgeonryan said:
NiKKoM said:
I actually think this was one of vgchartz best week... all the stuff that happend.. best week evar!

agreed. I just stabbed myself in the neck. awesomeness ensued! Great week!

for once the gaming media industry is seen as it is : a joke

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
"There was a time when I get excited every new game I got to play. Now its different."

It's called growing up . Seriously though, I was the same as you and I'm pretty sure many others were too when they were kids. Kids can easily get excited.

I wish I could go back to my childhood days.

fluky-nintendy said:
Stop coming to videogames sites and I'm sure it will improve your situation a lot. Or just go sites that specialize in one brand only, I like this kind a lot. People just focus on games and telling their experiences and there aren't wars.

I quit all sites except this one. People are still civil here. This site still enjoyable.

I understand where you're coming from, i too am not impressed with the current situation industry is in as well.

Eh the gaming community has been a 50/50 split of a-holes to decent folk for the last 25 years.

The a-holes as per normal are just more vocal. There are way more developers now, and way more press, so you're bound to run into issues with both -- especially in this day and age of Twitter letting everybody's complaints and affairs be front and center. It's best to ignore it. But this is happening across everything. I'm Asian and there was an episode of How I Met Your Mother where the characters were dressed up like characters from old martial arts movies. There was a huge asian community outrage on Twitter which was picked up by news outlets and spread, it was one of the most pathetic and embarassing things I've ever seen unfold (seriously, when did my people get so humorless.). And it's continuing the complaining, stupidity and general idiocracy of the internet is spreading like crazy.

Around the Network
The Fury said:

What you probably need to do is stay away from here. Speculation and discussion can ruin enjoyment. I'm currently in the same boat with comics are you are with games but it's not just discussion that put me off, it's bad writing and people praising work that is poor. Pandering to mass market movie goes who don't care about comics.

Now I buy just 3 comics a month and they all just sit on my coffee table waiting to be read and I just don't read them. I'm waiting for them to get good again.... I've forgotten my point.

Oh yeah, don't post here and read stupid discussions, go out and just enjoy whatever games you want (on disc, used, went to my local Grainger Games earlier, hundreds of them all cheap).

I just stop buying comics that get bad. The Red Hulk comic line I quit after 11 issues. My god it was so awful and insulting to established stories done in the other Hulk comics. I never buy just to support a series. I've love a lot of comics that constantly get axed. But I don't buy crap when stories go competely left field. Or Marvel/DC is cool to axe a comic and then relaunch the series with another cahracter taking the title. Can't stand this.

As for games I have to agree. It's become this really compicated mess that I don't like. I'm always thinking am I ever gonna be able to replay all my games in 2 decades. And this constant DLC nonsense that gets on my nerves. The Tomb Raider stuff really pushed a button. It shows how low these companies can get. I really don't care about games that much anymore. I jsut want to have fun. But there's always some area that I get annoyed at. Even Nintendo isn't immuned. With 3rd parties messing up. And all the systems control options. I just want to use one controller. Is that so hard to ask for.

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Yeah, and it's all thanks to Microsoft.

Agreed!  It's not about being a fanboy so much as just absolutely LOATHING the company Microsoft has become.  It's about rejecting their "vision" that they keep trying to force down everyone's throats!  It's about being offended by them trying to pass off inferior hardware as being the equal of their better designed, more powerful competition!  And it's about them moneyhatting exclusivity deals instead of investing in new IP!

Activision, EA, Microsoft are the three main culprits. The maximum profits at all costs and appealing to the widest possible audience, buying out the competition, buying popular niche games and ruining them and squatting on the IP so nobody else can take the torch, subscription services, all these things spearheaded buy the evil 3.

And not just those three but it's infected everyone else. Everybody wants in on the Cod/halo/Madden casual pie now and it has all but destroyed other genres and franchises. Resident Evil and Final Fantasy I'm looking at you.

I too yearn for the SNES and PS1 era when games were about games and not about investors and unsustainble record breaking quarterly statements.

Square was doing perfectly fine. The SNES Chrono Trigger one of the most revered games of all time I don't think sold over 500k but Square did just fine.

What happened?  Why does a game have to break 6 million sales to be successful now?  Where is the money going?  Not the developers.

daredevil.shark said:

Man. Gaming has come a long way since its creation. But this is the first time I feel to give up this hobby. Digital gaming, streaming service, game developers "scandal" and game journalists "breaking news" are just really unappealing. There was a time when I get excited every new game I got to play. Now its different.

Sure. Fanboy wars was present back then and was more aggressive sometimes. But everybody knew their limits. Now there is no limit. No sense of ownership. I still like it but I dont like the way its headed.

I dont mind about the price, resolution and graphics war and milking. I am tolerant to these because they are still in limit. But now a days everyone is looking to maximize profit in the most unappealing way and attack people personally. And worse thing is that I am turning into them.

I will probably keep playing but current situation is really unappealing. Sorry guys. My intention was not to make people sad. I just wanted to express how I feel. Happy gaming.

Support Nintendo then.

Play more and frequent gaming sites less, I'm sure it will lessen your sadness.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.